Thread: to many projects !

TVWBB Olympian

to many projects !

Well, I'm getting fustrated that I don't have a rotisserie for my q220. But with all my projects it may take me longer than I would like to make one. Anyone here make one ?
    George
    Can't live without spam

I honestly don't really see the point since the heat is direct on the smaller Q's anyway. Seems the only Q that could really use one is the Q3xxx and it's ability to do indirect heat natively

TVWBB Olympian
    Well, not really. Heat is heat so it would work regardless of the burners. They sell them in other countries and the pics look great.

I would love to see how a guy could use a roto on a Q grill.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Honestly it's kinda more a "I did this" type of thing. The roto works on radiant heat and the Q works on "contact" heat so honestly a roto is pretty much a non starter

Direct vs indirect aside, how would you mount a roto on a Q grill? I imagine the grates would have to come out which are what protect the burners from drippings. Then, it would seem the lid would have to be up the whole time which kind of negates any indirect cooking if at all possible otherwise.

If someone fashions a roto to a Q grill, I want to see it in action.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

TVWBB Pro
    A few years ago I started a thread on a Q rotisserie that at the time, was only available in Europe. I’m sure the pictures have gone, but the discussion was lengthy about this subject—-
    tom bauer
    WSM 14.5,18.5, CB22.5, SJSilver, Q220, Q300, Q320, 18.5, 22.5, Kettle

If you happen to find that thread, it would an interesting read/re-read.