to many projects !

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
Well, I'm getting fustrated that I don't have a rotisserie for my q220. But with all my projects it may take me longer than I would like to make one. Anyone here make one ?

I honestly don't really see the point since the heat is direct on the smaller Q's anyway. Seems the only Q that could really use one is the Q3xxx and it's ability to do indirect heat natively

Well, not really. Heat is heat so it would work regardless of the burners. They sell them in other countries and the pics look great.

Honestly it's kinda more a "I did this" type of thing. The roto works on radiant heat and the Q works on "contact" heat so honestly a roto is pretty much a non starter

Direct vs indirect aside, how would you mount a roto on a Q grill? I imagine the grates would have to come out which are what protect the burners from drippings. Then, it would seem the lid would have to be up the whole time which kind of negates any indirect cooking if at all possible otherwise.

If someone fashions a roto to a Q grill, I want to see it in action.

A few years ago I started a thread on a Q rotisserie that at the time, was only available in Europe. I’m sure the pictures have gone, but the discussion was lengthy about this subject—-

That is a pretty neat contraption for the Q grills. However, I am guessing it is going to cost a pretty penny.

Years ago when my grandparents were still around and wife and I were living in the city I would load up my big kettle and the rotisserie ring in our pickup on Sundays after mass. We'd head just a little further out on the NW side of Chicago to grandparents and many times I would spin a duck with an orange brandy glaze for them. They loved it (as did we). It was crazy loading up all that stuff (the big kettle, charcoal, the ring and rotisserie) but they were worth it

Again, they were available in Europe. Not the state's. Thus my needing to make my own. I also plan to make one for my ga. Plenty pics of these.

Back