Just call Barb and me the gasser kids.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well I'm sure glad I stocked up my charcoal stash.:(
As of June 1st the Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority went to stage II of the fire prevention restrictions. That means no charcoal use even in residential areas. Propane and natural gas only. This is at least 45 days earlier than they've ever done this before.
I completely understand, as some of you know we came very close to losing our home a few weeks ago.
Just a little disappointed with two pork butts in the freezer and some baby backs a bunch of ribeyes and rib roasts. Etc.
Hopefully the monsoon season will kick in soon and we'll get some good rains and they will go back to stage one, just have to wait and see.

Good luck kids ;)
Maybe see it as a challenge.....
How to make food on a gas grill taste as if it came from a charcoal one (or something like that)

So far we are still able to burn charcoal grills here at home. Only in the forest is it all banned.
Good thing because that's all I own is charcoal grills & smokers.
On my back deck behind the wind wall no one would know if I am lighting the Hasty Bake or a Weber gasser. lol

That's too bad Rich. Sounds like a good excuse to pack up the JJ and take a trip somewhere where you can burn charcoal.

That's too bad Rich. Sounds like a good excuse to pack up the JJ and take a trip somewhere where you can burn charcoal.

I'd love to Pat but with all the fire restrictions in place in the west it might be a real long trip.

I love charcoal, but I also have a propane smoker and infra-red turkey fryer.
Some other options also are lectric and pellet.

I feel your pain, but I would try to use something legal to get some smoke flavor.
Heard about that guy who started a wildfire carelessly while using a match and got stuck with a bazillion dollar fine.

Stay safe and keep on smoking.

Tim

Back