Another newbie Question.

ARowe

I've gotten everything set up ready for my first cook! Was going to be this weekend but I'm waiting for my 12v plug! Il tell you how bad it is, I received a part from Bryan in florida to the UK quicker than its taken for this to arrive within the UK!!!
How would I set up to stream my first fire up live!? Just so you guys could watch and maybe guide me on PID settings as the cook progresses.
Unfortunately it wouldn't be with a meat probe for yet because I'm waiting for one to come back into stock!
So basically what settings do i need to stream.the cook!
Cheers
Andy

The settings are all in your router, you need to forward inbound port 80 to the LAN ip of your HM. If your router blocks forwarding port 80 you can set the HM to listen to another port and forward that one instead in your router. Once forwarded just use a browser to connect to your internet IP (if able to forward port 80), if you had to use a custom port you need to add that after the ip like: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pORT#
You can also use one of those dynamic DNS services so you can get a domain address to connect to your HM if you like (still need to do the above forwarding).

The settings are all in your router, you need to forward inbound port 80 to the LAN ip of your HM. If your router blocks forwarding port 80 you can set the HM to listen to another port and forward that one instead in your router. Once forwarded just use a browser to connect to your internet IP (if able to forward port 80), if you had to use a custom port you need to add that after the ip like: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pORT#
You can also use one of those dynamic DNS services so you can get a domain address to connect to your HM if you like (still need to do the above forwarding).

I may need to sit and figure this out because we're in the middle of moving house at the moment so we have no Internet at this house so I am using the mobile Internet tethering on my phone to link heatermeter to my laptop like a mini router! Il sit with the laptop see if I can get some IP address flowing

Back