Weber Grill Platinum Series II - $95 (Forest Lake MN)

Forest Lake is a bit north of the Twin Cities. It would be about a 5 hour drive for me. Probably about 7 for Larry.
That looks like a great candidate for a restore however.

Damn maybe if it's still there when the boss goes up to twin cities to care for her mom next week when can snag it for me. That would TRULY be a "keeper" for me a worthy successor to the Summit especially because of that premium cabinet and high end side burner

Well certainly will not happen until wife gets to MN next week. Might be a project I send my son in law on with my friend. He is going along (with my oldest) as he has never met my mother in law, or my sister in law plus her daughter and 2 grandchildren plus my youngest girl and the grand so are going. Me? I'm gonna stay here for peace and quiet. Do some fishing and such. Have not gone out yet this year :(
So I am sure my son in law will need a break. Wife and her sister have lots to do with their mom as they get her prepped to be moved down here to IL since they have no more family there in MN after the death of my wife's brother in December. Though there is the slightest of chances I may still go with (but VERY slight LOL)

Larry, you are going to need more than the toyota SUV to get that thing in back. If it is still available next week when your missus goes up there, it will be a $50-$75 grill.

You may be right, but even if she can get it to our friend's house we can arrange things from there as another trip will be in order for sure anyway.

LOL. My sister lives in the twin cities. She has a Honda CRV. I told her the twin cities was a good area for my potential rehab grills and she offered to go pick up any that I found up there. I had her pick up a Q140 (new in box) for $50 last year. I flipped it for a $50 profit. But, I am not going to send her out to grab a regular three burner. She thinks she could do it, but I know better. I also know the grill wouldn't fit in her CRV without some disassembly. But if you got some muscle going up there. Grab that sharp looking grill.

I am going to try. Hell I used to drive back and forth to MSP for work. True I only did it weekly but I did it when I was based at MSP Airport

I really think you can get it for less. By the time you wife gets up there, it will have been sitting on CL for quite a while. I wouldn't even offer full price at this point.
Good luck, keep us posted.

Stefan, that is an interesting grill. But you are right, there is rust all along that bottom front frame cross member. I imagine the inside of the cabinet is worse. But the grill has some potential.
I too prefer the fold up tables to preserve space. But, someone who has the space and doesn't plan to move the grill around much might have a preference for this style.
If it was me and I was looking at it as a flip prospect, I wouldn't pay the asking price. I wouldn't be interested until the price was around $75. Then, if the frame and cabinet are full of cancer, much less yet. It might simply be a parts grill at this point, but it would provide some key parts.

I am going to try. Hell I used to drive back and forth to MSP for work. True I only did it weekly but I did it when I was based at MSP Airport

Larry,

That one is a winner! You gotta get it;)...I am just glad it is nowhere near me:rolleyes:

Larry, I am with Jeff and Jon on this one go get it and I don't think I would be arguing about the price either if its your keeper. If one showed up in Blue here I could only hope they wanted 95 bucks for it.

I looked at the 2002 Weber gas grill catalog in our catalog section that Chris has done all of us such a great service by assembling. This style Platinum was being used in 2002 and I believe in 2003. In 2004 they went to a Genesis style frame for the Platinum but with the huge difference that the frame was all stainless steel. This grill also adopted the flip up thermoset tables but added stainless inserts. They only made the Platinum this way for two years, and then that was the end of the Platinum. A sad loss in my opinion. Those of us in coastal environments would sure love to see Weber bring back a Platinum option with real 304 stainless like they used back in 2004.

Any Platinum is a cool grill because of the upgraded frame (heavy duty Summit or all stainless). The earlier ones shown here also have a better side burner then the regular Genesis, something I learned from reading one of Larry’s posts.

Jon, I think they made the one Stefan posted in 2000/2001 only for 2 years it looks just like the one in the thread I posted except the listing had doors on it and interesting they had wire racks so no worry about the floor being rusted. Chris does not have a 2000 model year catalog but pretty sure it was the years I stated.

Kind of surprised this is still for sale if it is I am sure they would be open to an offer since its been there for 3 weeks. Larry I guess you could not get it or decided to pass.

Back