Thread: Hello from Germany

Hello from Germany

Hello, i am sending kind regards to this forum from Germany.

Two years ago, i looked for a gas grill after working with a kettle for 10 years. What i found was a 2004 Genesis Gold C in a pretty good condition. Only small repairs and cosmetics, but enough to get infected.

From that time on, i visited the forum and learned useful things about rehab old Weber gas grills.
    Right now, my forth project started, it's a Genesis platinum 2005 model.

Greetings
    Bernd.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing your cooking creations on that beautiful machine. Cheers!

Welcome Bernd. That's a clean looking grill.
    Tim (BB) Q. SMOKIN UP A STORM!
    WSM 22.5, OTG 22.5, Charcoal Go-Anywhere, Gas Go-Anywhere, Broil King Gasser

TVWBB Pro
    Wilkommen aus Illinois.

Welcher Stadt?
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

Bill,

we live in the Rheinhessen region, just a few kms south from Mainz.

When i was a child, i lived in Bad Kreuznach. I rememeber the german-american "Volksfest" or maybe it was called "Freundschaftsfest". In the 1970th always a highlight for us kids. We had the real hamburgers and american icecream ...

Greetings
    Bernd.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd View Post
    Bill, we live in the Rheinhessen region, just a few kms south from Mainz. When i was a child, i lived in Bad Kreuznach. I rememeber the german-american "Volksfest" or maybe it was called "Freundschaftsfest". In the 1970th always a highlight for us kids. We had the real hamburgers and american icecream ... Greetings Bernd.
    I've been to BK and Mainz at least once each. I can't tell you how many Amifests I've been to let alone all the local fests.

FWIW, I lived and worked in Augsburg for 4 years and worked in Bamberg for 5 years, I lived south of Bamberg.

I had German friends go crazy over burgers and ice cream too. They beat Frikadellen any day. Corn on the cob was not a hit with our neighbors when we BBQed together. It's still regarded as animal food. More for me. LOL!
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors