1985 Weber Genesis 3 Print Ads

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I found these two 1985 Weber Genesis 3 print ads on Pinterest. Note that these grills have the rarely seen wide wooden slat shelving. Also, the Weber phone number is 800-000-0000...perhaps these were early design comps.

Genesis 3 shown here came with the side burner as standard equipment. Genesis 2 came with a wooden work surface in place of the burner, but included a connection off the manifold for an optional burner to convert the Genesis 2 to a Genesis 3.

Really beautiful ads...

wideslat1.jpg

wideslat2.jpg

You can see another example of a wide slat Genesis 3 in this 1988 print ad.

Last edited:
Those are great ads Chris. Good find. I had thought the slats were redwood, but according to these ads they are cedar. And these look to have the LP scale like mine has.

Thanks Chris for getting this ad for us. A number of interesting things show up. The wheels are a little different and the side burner is very different. The igniter switch has no border. I am sure someone trying to do an all out accurate restoration would really have a challenge finding these!

I was also a little surprised that it was cedar wood slats from the beginning.

You're right Jon, I've been looking for some original parts for my chocolate gen 2. Good luck with that, I think the scale attached is correct but a total rust bucket and the scale decal and guide that attaches to the leg well not many of those to be found.
I want to make as period correct as possible, but I also want to put it back in service. So I have mixed emotions as to how far I want to go with the rehab.
Also the 1x4 x12' cedar planks have gone from around $8 TO $16.

You're right Jon, I've been looking for some original parts for my chocolate gen 2. Good luck with that, I think the scale attached is correct but a total rust bucket and the scale decal and guide that attaches to the leg well not many of those to be found.
I want to make as period correct as possible, but I also want to put it back in service. So I have mixed emotions as to how far I want to go with the rehab.
Also the 1x4 x12' cedar planks have gone from around $8 TO $16.
Rich,

I have replicas of the early decal.

I found these two 1985 Weber Genesis 3 print ads on Pinterest. Note that these grills have the rarely seen wide wooden slat shelving. Also, the Weber phone number is 800-000-0000...perhaps these were early design comps.

Genesis 3 shown here came with the side burner as standard equipment. Genesis 2 came with a wooden work surface in place of the burner, but included a connection off the manifold for an optional burner to convert the Genesis 2 to a Genesis 3.

Really beautiful ads...

View attachment 19572

View attachment 19573

You can see another example of a wide slat Genesis 3 in this 1988 print ad.
I love that side burner with the under frame front controls! If there was only a way to have E/W with front under frame controls like that I would be all over it.

Back