Summit Grills that Were Shipped with Conversion Kits

Rich-GA

TVWBB Member
I’ve heard that ~8-12 years ago Weber used to ship conversion kits with their LP grills. I have an 8 year old Summit and I’m wondering if I have an NG manifold and orifices stashed somewhere in storage. It will probably take me a day to dig through my storage area to see if I have it (I generally save everything) but I’m wondering if there’s a way to determine whether I have a version that shipped with the conversion kit from my serial number. It starts with an AD.

Anyone have any idea? I believe it was purchased in January 2010.

The best bet might be to call Weber directly. They are pretty good about answering questions although, the C/S rep might not know the answer to that question unless they have been there quite a while.

Otherwise, if they did ship with the extra conversion kit, someone might be selling one on Ebay for a good price. Just make sure it is the right kit for your grill and genuine Weber.

I've never heard of Weber including conversion kits with any of their grills. they used to sell them, but I believe that stopped around 2008.

Weber stopped making "conversion" kits available a VERY long time ago. It think maybe 20 years ago. Because I recall asking them about it when my old Genesis 2 was still under warranty and I was wanting to stub out a gas line this was back even before 9/11 and they told me they will not sell the parts or make them available for that purpose and they made it explicitly and emphatically. Flat told me if I wanted a NG grill I would have to buy one that way

Conversion kits didn't stop being sold by Weber 20 years ago, this was available just a few years ago.
And I have one. Converts a one touch to propane.

36181724782_392674f60e_z.jpg
[/url]100_1046 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

35919602580_f9dd2ebdba_z.jpg
[/url]100_1025 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Speaking of gas type conversions. Never saw anything like this before though. What are you supposed to put over the burner?

Speaking of gas type conversions. Never saw anything like this before though. What are you supposed to put over the burner?

The burner mounts under the charcoal grate. It's strictly an indirect cooker. It has two heat settings high which simulates a charcoal grill with new fully lit coals and low which is like the coals would be after one hour. I use it for cooking whole chickens and turkeys, I've never had better tasting birds, perfectly cooked and very moist in one hour.

That's my question too. What covers the burner? Too bad Weber couldn't have sold that to people instead of that awful gas kettle

Back