Why do I love my 26'er?

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Space! Lots of space! Ok, not as much as a ranch kettle, but a perfect blend of footprint and grill space for most backyards.

Tonights cook was nothing more than just some grilled chicken, but the 26'er has the space to easily handle a "family pack" of thighs and legs with room to spare. I did my typical 26" set up with my charcoal in baskets on one side, so I could do most of the cook indirect. The grill ran at about 375-400 with a few minor vent adjustments along the way, and the chicken parts went about 40-50 minutes before I gave them a bit of direct time to crisp up. These chicken parts were just seasoned up with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust.

Chicken after the crisp:

27528136977_681262b2ed_k.jpg

Money shot (I'm loving the late sunset.....makes for some beautiful food lighting!):

27528136797_e8b3636e2c_k.jpg

Nothing mind blowing here, just good, simple grilled chicken. Plated it up with a baby spinach salad on the side.

A nice way to enjoy the end of one of the first warm days we've had (85 here.) Grill on!!

R

Rich, That is some great looking chicken. I would love a 26er if t wasn't just the two of us and we don't entertain much. But even with that sometimes the 22 just isn't quite big enough.

Gorgeous looking chicken Rich. My 26er is probably my least used grill, but boy, when you need the space it's invaluable.

Last edited:
After that pic I am craving chicken, yet I'm empty-handed; that looks awesome! I would not want to be without our 26". But nor would I want to be without our 22", lol. I just added a Santa Maria attachment for the 26 after wrestling for months over which size to get. I hope I didn't make a mistake but I am committed now, regardless.

Back