Weber quality

Darrin Bourret

Hey guys... I was wondering if the Weber grills sold at Lowes and Home Depot are of lesser quality than sold elsewhere? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys... I was wondering if the Weber grills sold at Lowes and Home Depot are of lesser quality than sold elsewhere? Thanks in advance!

I would say no, they are the same quality as a Weber you would find anywhere else. A Weber is a Weber.

Now, if you ask the same question about a John Deere tractor I think I would give you another answer.

Yeah I heard that about John Deere and somebody said it was the same for Weber. I Was thinking they are the same no matter where you buy them as well. Thanks for replying!

Currently, I think the grills sold at The Home Depot and Lowe's are the same quality as anywhere else.

Over the years, Weber has upgraded interior parts for certain retailers, so they had something exclusive to sell. I remember for a few years, if you bought a Weber gas grill at The Home Depot, it came with CI cooking grates while the same grill bought elsewhere came with porcelain enamel grates. They've done an exclusive deal with Ace Hardware with the Genesis II SE-410 which comes with upgraded stainless steel grates and Flavorizer bars. In the old days, I think Weber did special upgrades for grills sold through Sears.

And Weber has done exclusive colors over the years. Today, Lowe's has an exclusive Genesis II E-310 color called "Mocha" (dark brown) that you can't buy anywhere else. Crate & Barrel is selling a blue Performer that you can't find anywhere else.

But if you're asking, "Is the frame stronger?" or "Are the burners more powerful?" on grills sold at Ace Hardware vs. Lowe's or The Home Depot, the answer is no. All those characteristics are the same.

Currently, I think the grills sold at The Home Depot and Lowe's are the same quality as anywhere else.

Over the years, Weber has upgraded interior parts for certain retailers, so they had something exclusive to sell. I remember for a few years, if you bought a Weber gas grill at The Home Depot, it came with CI cooking grates while the same grill bought elsewhere came with porcelain enamel grates. They've done an exclusive deal with Ace Hardware with the Genesis II SE-410 which comes with upgraded stainless steel grates and Flavorizer bars. In the old days, I think Weber did special upgrades for grills sold through Sears.

And Weber has done exclusive colors over the years. Today, Lowe's has an exclusive Genesis II E-310 color called "Mocha" (dark brown) that you can't buy anywhere else. Crate & Barrel is selling a blue Performer that you can't find anywhere else.

But if you're asking, "Is the frame stronger?" or "Are the burners more powerful?" on grills sold at Ace Hardware vs. Lowe's or The Home Depot, the answer is no. All those characteristics are the same.

A much better answer than mine.

Back