Sewer Drain Strip Steak

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I just recently got a generic GBS grate for the performer I wanted to get the cast iron grate so I could do some searing. The sear grate was $38 on Amazon which I thought was a little pricey.
Well Barb and I went to a couple of neighborhood yard sales and I saw this brand new made in the USA sewer drain, yep a sewer drain. It looked to be about the right size, yea not the perfect pattern but for a buck I thought why not.
I seasoned it and last night we did a strip steak and it was a perfect fit and worked great. Got both baskets under it and I got a beautiful light char which added great flavor.
Best $1.00 I ever spent.

40561952510_64c2f7959b_z.jpg
[/url]100_3213 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

40561951570_cd9d4ec600_z.jpg
[/url]100_3218 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

40561950550_2e82c68b23_z.jpg
[/url]100_3222 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

One more brilliant piece of observation Rich!
A BUCK!!?
Not exactly what I thought when I read the title. This is much better!
I’m stopping at Lowe’s to top off the coal bunkers I will snoop in the plumbing section as I walk through, even if it’s ten, still a good deal.
I MUST know someone with a connection.
Happy holiday!

Way to go, Rich! The steak is spot on so are the potatoes. Good thinking regards your sewer drain grill insert.

Shoot I was just at Lowes and Home Depot earlier today, great Idea, I do have an Ace hardware in town, I'll have to check it out. Nice steak!

Nice steak! You win the 2018 award for "Most Irresistible Post Title That I Must Click On". Sewer Drain Strip Steak?!?!? This I've gotta see! :D

Back