Yet another remote thermometer

Wow! A NEW product from Maverick.

If it works as touted - it will be a pretty darned nice unit.

I have the Thermoworks Smoke, and really like the build quality - particularly the probes. My old single-channel Maverick still works, but it is now gathering dust.

It looks really cool. I've got a Maverick ET-732, an IGrill 2, and a Smoke, but if I didn't have all of those, I might go with this one. It looks like a pretty solid unit. It looks like it solves some of the problems other units have.

Last edited:
I believe Raichlen was using one on a Project Fire episode that aired here today. I am an odd bird in that I prefer the ability to make setting changes from the remote, rather than the base that resides grill-side.

Looks like a nice unit. And $80, including 4 probes is very reasonable. Tempting. I really like having the iGrill app on my phone, but this might be a worthy replacement.

Looks like a nice unit. And $80, including 4 probes is very reasonable. Tempting. I really like having the iGrill app on my phone, but this might be a worthy replacement.

I use my Igrill2 a lot, but the lack of range on it just kills me sometimes. That said I still reach for it. Those spools for the probes are so convenient.

I just got the XR-50 in the mail yesterday and can't wait to try it out...maybe this weekend for Father's Day. Currently I'm using a thermopro tp20 and it has served me well so far.

The XR-50 is awesome! The first units had an issue with the batteries running down quickly. Maverick/ABC Barbecue notified owners and replaced all the units for free without even having to return the original units. 4 probes - (4 meats, 4 pits, any combo), waterproof probes, 500 ft., rain proof units, no wifi or bluetooth to mess with. I have the Thermoworks Smoke, but now this new Maverick is my go-to.

Son bought me a Prograde wifi thermometer last weekend,been running since 9 last nite and working great so far,checking it with a instant read for accuracy as the cook progresses

Back