The Smoke Day (Weekend) Lounge is now open!

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
First off, let's not forget the reason for this holiday and pay tribute to our fallen heroes, we are free because of their sacrifices.

Secondly, let's get this show on the road!
A central thread to comment, ask questions, share photos, during our Smoke Day(s) cooks.
It can get pretty lonely and boring watching the smoke rise from our smokers and grills.
Please share your whole cook with photos in a new thread.

Here's what I'm smoking tomorrow, a small well marbled piece of brisket, Sunday or Monday will be pork steaks.
My baby WSM is set up and ready to roll in the morning.

Today will be kettle smoked ribs, tomorrow the feasting will be done in earnest! Brisket, butt, sausage, stuffed jalapeños, bacon wrapped tots, many beverages. so, I’m expecting to go through a fair bit of ice!
“Lest we Forget”
And Happy birthday “Duke”!

Not much to see here, yet. I'm cooking the two oldest butts from the freezer. I fired up the smoker at about 8:00 pm last night, and 13+ hours later I'm still waiting. My back yard smells really good, though.
zvOxziG.jpg

Update: following a heavy rainstorm I got the butts off the smoker and into a cooler to rest. The smaller one was literally falling apart, but the larger one was maybe 10 degrees less cooked. I hope it will pull all right. In any case the smaller one should make for a great lunch.

Last edited:
Busy morning, late start on my baby brisket.
One layer of Stubb's, topped with lump, pecan and cherry for smoke.
Oakridge Secret Weapon beef and pork rub.

looking good so far Mr. Correll!
my late start will not happen for 60 more days or so...
beautiful weather (once again) but nothing happening here with the yard makeover.

shoulda hosted it anyway today.
will be smoking a 14 day cured center-cut pork loin roast later...

on my way to Lowes for the Stubbs sale with a stop at a local brewdepot...

Enjoy the day, Bob! And Happy :wsm: Smoke :wsm22: Day to Everyone! :summitcharcoal:

Got Smoke Day officially kicked off on my end this morning at 3:30 am. Got my Briskie, 16.2 lbs. from Costco, rubbed down and got my 22 WSM cranked up. Did the trimming and injection last night. Brisket on at 4:55. Happy Smoke Day everyone!

enhance

Looking good everyone!

It's kind of ironic, I sold my 18" WSM today on Smoke Day, a 2001 model I purchased used in 2009.
Last time I used it was August of 2016 when Chris asked me to document a start to finish bacon made easy. I won't sell my 14 inch, ever!
The gentleman who bought it is a fireman in Springfield, IL. He and his wife were in the area to look at campers. He already has a 22" and wanted this one for camping and smaller cooks.
Super nice guy, we talked bbq for less time than we would have liked.
I asked him if he had heard of TVWBB, he said he's a member but hasn't visited for quite awhile.
I knocked $10 off my price because of that alone.

Back