Pre-Smoke Day Steaks

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
Hey all,
It's been quite a while since I've posted any pictures, or posted much of anything for that matter. Work, life, etc. - many things that caused some loss of grilling and smoking enthusiasm. But, I fully intend to revive that desire this Summer. To start the weekend off right we had some nice ribeye steaks, potatoes, and corn on the cob (not pictured). Sad to say that after all this time of not posting photos my picture taking skills have worsened, and they weren't great to start off with.

Salted the steaks and left them uncovered for about 4 hours in the fridge

27483657557_2392c1a0aa_z.jpg

Off the grill

42353427731_4d32558581_z.jpg

We often cut up some potatoes and wrap them in foil with a generous amount of salt, pepper, some butter, and some shallots. Toss them on the grill for a while and they come off quite tasty.

41451288315_10dfea09be_z.jpg

This was just about perfect. There are differing opinions about salting the steak several hours before grilling or just before grilling. I don't know which way is scientifically correct, but this will be my go to method going forward. The family loved it.

28480052798_531ebe54ee_z.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone's Smoke Day photos. We have a couple of pork butts and baked beans that we will be smoking. Along side of that I have some bacon curing that will be smoked as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend while we remember to honor those that have given their lives for our freedom.

Back