Genesis E310 N/S Flavorizer Bars

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I ordered a set of these Stainless Steel Flavorizer bars for my latest rehab. I was skeptical due to the price and the fact that they claim 16 gauge thickness. Well, the certainly look to be 16 gauge thickness and of good quality and they were less than $20 delivered in two days. They are however, magnetic which means they are not made from the fabled 306 stainless. However, they don't have to be "food grade" rated since they don't touch the food which is one of the attributes of 306 stainless. I expect they will last a good LONG time regardless and at $18.50 a set, I can deal with them not being 306 stainless.... They are going to look a lot nicer in my rehab grill than the "cleaned up" partially rusted out ceramic coated Weber ones.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B071XYX8NL/tvwb-20

And if you guys jump on and buy a dozen sets of these and the price shoots up like when I posted the cooking grates last month, that is fine. I don't have any need for more of these in the near future.

Yah, Rich, with the cheap aftermarket stuff out there, I don't waste my time trying to clean up those old nasty rusting porcelain coated weber flavorizer bars any more. Same thing goes for the cooking grates. Rather than spend two hours of hard nasty work trying to clean up a set of CI grates, it is just easier to put a set of brand new sparkling silver flavorizer bars and solid stainless steel rod cooking grates in there. It sames time, effort and makes the grill all that much more presentable while not cutting into the profit margin too much. I can rehab grills faster this way and sell them faster and for more money.

I used my bicycle repair stand to clean two sets of rusted but solid SS flavorizer bars. Clamped them and used the wire cup brush on the angle grinder. Then a lite coat of oil and they looked very presentable.
33472180_10211868798498974_7098505514836819968_n.jpg

Stefan:
I like that bike holder idea there. Do you have a picture of the after on those flavo bars?

That's actually a pretty good idea, I happen to have a similar bike stand and I have a bunch of stainless FBs to rescue this weekend.

Back