Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unconventional Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Dollar View Post
    When I bought this house 25 years ago, previous owner left a tool like this behind. I call it a brake tool, not sure what it is. But I use it about every time I grill/smoke. I use it to adjust hot vents, I can put it between bars on grates and get leverage to pick them up and move them around, as a poker, and other things.

Also known as a Billy Bar. Very handy but I think the brake tool would be a bit cheaper.

http://www.billybar.com
    1880 / Genesis S-320 / Jumbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    I picked up an old fashioned fireplace shovel ( black stamped steel) for under five bucks for adding coal to the WSM, great tool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I use the same thing, an old fireplace tool set including the small shovel, that I picked up at a garage sale for $5.
    Along the same lines, I use an ice scoop:

It does double duty since I store my charcoal in a big dog food container (holds three bags of KBB).

I also use a child's garden hoe, on longer cooks, to move the hot coals around before adding new charcoal.

BD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D-NC View Post
    Along the same lines, I use an ice scoop:

It does double duty since I store my charcoal in a big dog food container (holds three bags of KBB).

I also use a child's garden hoe, on longer cooks, to move the hot coals around before adding new charcoal.

BD
    Got one of these too, for the same purpose as Bill.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

I know your talking unconventional tools but the wok ladle and wok brush should be used for a wok in the traditional sense. Cooking with a wok on the kettle is fantastic. I use a vortex basket with a wok ring on the grate above and can get some fantastic heat going for wok dishes. Besides no oily smoke in the kitchen, just outdoor living.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123