No Weber Charcoal!!!

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
at least around here - North San Diego County.

Exs21Kw.jpg

This is BAD!

They're only rebadged Kingsford anyway. No big deal. I would never burn briquettes anyway. So many chemicals they smell like gasoline

Our Lowe's sold out their stock as well. I still have couple of bags left over. Home Depot has them for 17 or 18.

I think Robert wants the $11.99 price. :)
My Wally had it today for $17, Brickseek shows it at WM in the StL area for $14.88, but I wouldn't trust that, the WM website says $19.99.

They're only rebadged Kingsford anyway. No big deal. I would never burn briquettes anyway. So many chemicals they smell like gasoline

And you know this, how? The bag in my garage says 100% All Natural Hardwood Charcoal with no added chemicals, and it burns nuthing like any K I used.

Tim

Hmmm... my wife has been known to say "Wow, that smells good!" before the meat has even hit the lit coals.

Around Kansas city I have yet to see Weber for under 18 bucks a bag. I use it in the winter when I need long burns. One look at Weber and Kingsford side by side it's obvious they aren't the same. Not a thing wring with Kingsford at sale prices. Bring on the chemicals,and gasoline.
Goood stuff Mainard :)

Nobody has Weber around here at all. I asked the manager at one of our HDs awhile back if they were going to get anymore of it. He said he didn't think so as it was not a good seller.
I got three bags at Lowes last fall for $5 a bag when they were closing it out. I thought it was pretty good stuff.
I thought maybe they had quite making it but reading some of the posts apparently its still available in some places.

Just went into the web site of our local HD to see how many bags of the $9.98 Kingsford they had, 209 of them and right below was ...you guessed it Weber's 44 bags of it price was $17.74, guess the manager was wrong about not getting any more of it.

Last edited:
Is there proof? They look much different from Kingsford to me.

When I used it last it was identical to KF charcoal. There was no mention on the bag of being made from hardwood and it DID smell like gasoline (and no I am NOT so stupid as to use light fluid I use a chimney starter either over newspaper or a gas burner). If Weber has made a change to the product or their supplier than it has happened AFTER the last time I tried the product. I switched to using hardwood lump and nothing else because I could not stand the smell of the petrochemicals and mastics. If you all are happy with it GREAT. Maybe if I had tried it more recently I would have been happy with it also. I bought it originally BECAUSE of the Weber name. I never bought it again. Actually it's been many years since I have even seen it offered for sale as the only place I ever saw it sold was in an ACE store we used to have nearby. Pretty much now every ACE and True Value is gone from here now. There are only 2 I know of both far enough away I never step foot in them. But again yes, when I tried them they smelled, looked and burned no differently than KF

Okay I'm confused or wasn't paying attention or both. Didn't Weber start selling their own brand of charcoal around March/April of last year? When they were giving out the samples because up to that point I had never seen their charcoal anywhere.
I remember the thread that Jim Lampe started about the email for the free sample and that was around my birthday which was in April.
Right after that I saw it at HD and Lowes. HD had a huge pallet of the stuff with one bag missing and a week later when I went back there was still only one bag missing.

Though I don't like going into Wally World, I was there today to buy a tire for my beach cruiser and they had 14 bags of Weber Charcoal for 14.99 ... Still to rich for me though

Back