Any Bargain Covers?

Gord Brink

I'm looking for a decent cover for my curb-found Summit Gold (B6). Not really wanting to spend the $80+ on a cover since we (the wife) also just purchased a new grill w/cover days before my find. This grill will be kept in our garage >50% of the time as we've decided to take it to our cabin (Northern MI) and it will only be out when we're there. Just wondering if anyone here might have had luck with any less expensive options. Thanks

I am curious so that cover is 45.99 the weber cover on amazon the 7107 is 49.00. I have a 1000 since I restored it really would like to have the weber since its not a lot more money. Is the weber cover that bad and this one that much better?

I have an Amazon brand cover that I use for my kettle, and I just picked one up for my gas grill. For the Genesis 1000 size, it was $25. Quality is solid too.

These are really nice covers, and affordable. I just ordered this one. They get great reviews.

I agree with your Veranda covers. My first cover for my Genesis was a Weber cover. It was thin and flimsy and didn't last very long. I replaced it with a Veranda cover, which was less expensive than the Weber cover. And the Veranda cover has already lasted much longer than the Weber cover did.

That looks like a great deal. There may be better quality ones, but I think that is about as good of deal price/quality as you will find.

Bruce in the end I wanted a Weber Cover not willing to pay what they wanted so this seems a good price. Got a Weber Grill want people to know its a Weber sitting on the deck really my ego working here. :cool:

Yah, its like putting a blue poly tarp over a 1965 Covette. Nah, you want to see the Chevrolet Chevron and Covette Wings on there.

Bruce in the end I wanted a Weber Cover not willing to pay what they wanted so this seems a good price. Got a Weber Grill want people to know its a Weber sitting on the deck really my ego working here. :cool:

My Genesis B sits under a Kenmore Elite grill cover. BTW been the best damn cover I have ever seen. Some seams starting to split but the material still VERY sound and it's about 12 years old. BTW has anyone looked at the new (2018) Ford F150? Speaking of Chevy, when you look at how Ford framed the grill with the headlights and DRL lights the grill becomes a Chevy Bowtie. Made me LOLOL. (not a Found On Road Dead fan). https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/models/f150-xl/ See? A Chevy bowtie plain as the nose on your face :D Imagine if you saw it without the blue oval?
Anyway just some musings of an old fart LOL

The best way to keep somebody from stealing your Weber is not to advertise that you have one under that cover. I do know of two people that had unfenced yards and a nice Weber on their patio under a Weber cover that had them stolen.
FYI I have a King Kong covering my genesis 2000 and it's much nicer than the Weber one, it's about 3 years old and still looks like new with the extreme AZ sun at 5500 feet the Weber lasted a little over 1 year.

Glad that is not a problem where I live. I find it hard to believe that people still steal stuff like that with so many people having home security systems these days.

Does KK only make Weber ones? Or do they have them for generic by size?

I bought a KK cover for my Genesis E310 and it fit it perfectly. I was half expecting to be loose and ill-fitting, but that wasn't the case. The two Velcro straps on both sides strap it down under the two side tables very nicely, leaving about 6" of exposed space between the ground bottom of cover. I'll try to remember to snap a pic when I get home tonight. It feels nice as well. Fairly thick and rubber/leather-like. No idea how well it actually performs during bad weather seasons as I store the grill in the garage during our California rainy winters.

Back