Costco Ribs

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Had a good day at Costco on Friday. I picked up a 10lb belly (more pics later), some pre-rubbed St. Louis spares, and a cilantro/lime flank steak. We had the steak Friday in between raindrops, so I didn't get any pics. It was very, very good though. Today, I cooked the spares on the Performer - roughly 285 for about 2 hours, then about 1.5 hours in foil at roughly the same temps. Then about 30 minutes back on the Performer indirect while I did a couple small filets directly over the charcoal basket. All turned out great. I normally don't like to foil, but was short on time and it really helped. Also did some grilled broccolini and some 'tots. Ribs were sauced twice after foiling over about a 30 minute period w/ No. 5 sauce. I used the baskets on the Performer and a small chunk of cherry wood in each, with a mix of K and leftover Royal Oak.

Ribs just out of the foil:

42197478692_2fdaf8505e_z.jpg

First coat of sauce on and filets on directly over the still hot basket.

42197487532_07876cde98_z.jpg

Ribs off and resting for a few minutes:

28370969898_b911522d3e_z.jpg

Broccolini on (bacon onion vinaigrette dressing as marinade/sauce)

28370976118_9bdd5f3e03_z.jpg

Finally, plated up w/ some tater tots:

42197524662_703b84da6b_z.jpg

Good day of cooking, all on the Performer. Looking forward to Smoke Day!

Ribs and sides look great, Jim. I am planning on doing some ribs this evening, hope they turn out as well as yours. I might even throw some tots on as well. :)

Wow Jim, you killed those ribs. We love Broccolini. My wife cooks it occasionally. Our local Safeway usually carries it.

Back