Help!!! Ok, it’s not that bad, but still... HELP

Dan C. FL

TVWBB Pro
The wife came home with boneless beef spare ribs. Last time I did them, they were bone in and had to take the misses to the ER with a kidney stone. So, how long should I anticipate these things to cook?

Are they separated? That's the one item I have the hardest time gauging a time-frame for. Good luck! If they are off the bone, I'd guess it'd be similar to regular spare ribs. Could be as high as 10 hours.

Ok...

I doubt your cooking (or the ribs) had anything to do with the wife's kidney stone. Lets get that out of the way right there.

If they are "boneless" beef ribs, then they are probably from the plate (like shortribs) where the meat sits on top of the bones as opposed beef spare ribs where the meat sits between the bones.

Pit temp of 275-300...no bones? Probably no more than 5 hours...probably closer to 3-4 if you foil them. You could also cut the meat into strips and smoke/braise to make something close to "burnt ends." Give the 18WSM the nod for the job.

Good luck!

Well, I wound up not doing them. Weather got in the way...I mean, I know the smoker will work in the rain, but the chef won't. Not sure when I'm gonna do them now, they're currently in the freezer.

@Mike Hahaha- yeah, I didn't relay that story very well in my OP. I posted about those ribs and the ER trip last summer. Your instincts were correct, I did not cause the misses' kidney stones. She has to blame her dad for that. She came home about 30 minutes after I threw them on. I knew as soon as she came in that she was not well. So, off to the ER leaving the unmanned smoker going. They ended up a little over cooked, but not too bad.

Back