Used my $20 special last night

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hey Bruce
I used that $20 special you turned me on to last night for the first time. I threw that set of larger (single row conversion) of heavy gauge SS flavorizer bars into it, a set of cast iron grates, hooked up the tank and lit that baby up. All the burners went nice blue flame. No dead spots, and it got nice and hot fast. I let it burn off the for awhile and then put some ka bobs made from marinated prime grade tenderloin tips. Sorry no photos. But an outstanding meal. Gonna do a quick scrub down on it, install the side burner and a set of NG orifices and valves and stick that baby out on the deck in place of the silver B.
I have to do a couple minor adjustments and repairs to it. Could use a new ingnitor, needs those little plastic screw nuts to hold the control panel, noticed a very slight chip on the control panel, but I have a couple spares, front bottom frame rail needs to be repositioned, basically very minor errrr.....................stuff. It's truly a "keeper" definitely hanging on to that one. All I need is a rotisserie kit. I know I have the Wolf but there are some things I just love FAR better using the conventional burners of a true Weber for spinning over the IR burner on the Wolf.
I think I will either order a cheap set of SS bars for the Silver B and flip it (since it too was a $20 special) or perhaps keep it as my garage queen along side the Q220 red head. Decisions, decisions. Also RC has my grates done for the Wolf and I should see them late this coming week. Fingers crossed they fit and work correctly can't wait to get that bad boy fired up though I have to plumb in a larger gas line for it. It uses close to 80k BTU and when you run it on one of those QC hoses they don't flow enough gas through a regulator so I need to plumb in a 3/4" line to mate to the 3/4" regulator it came with so the burners will cook more evenly. Right now the excess pressure causes the burners to run too hot at the front and trail off at the rear.
Lots to do

Awesome Larry. Sounds like you got a honey there. I see that girl that I was looking at in the Hill Country is gone now. Oh well I don't have room for it anyway.

Yeah it was on there this AM. Looked like a decent deal. I've been seeing a number of deals but I don't dare jump on them. I have a fear wife was pushed to limits by the RCP grates for the Wolf :D But once I get that Summit together and sold it should offset it if not surpass it. Yeah that Gen 2000 needs a little work but definitely not an entire rebuild. Especially since I had everything here we're golden on that. For the time being I am gonna use up what's in that quick disconnect LP tank, than get rid of that via a tank exchange or just give it away since I already have a new regulator with ACME nut no need to keep it anyway. Gonna do up some fish tonight for the kids. Either Arctic Char or some Lake Superior Whitefish.

Sounds good Larry, I'm out camping right now and I'm going to be doing some chicken breasts on my q140 later on. Kind of disappointed I missed out on that Grill in Hillpoint but is probably for the best. I figured if it made it through this weekend the guy would be willing to take 25 bucks for it and then it would be worth it for me

https://imgur.com/re3IBj7

Made grilled Mediterranean sea bass on the $20 special last night. Delicious! First time I ever tried it too

Well I see everybody raving about Imagur here but all I can embed is a link not a photo. I really wish this site would come into the 21st century and allow a simple cut/paste of a photo into the post. Honestly it's ridiculous

Last edited:
Yeah allowing photos to go directly into your post is a lot easier than going through a 3rd party hosting site

https://imgur.com/re3IBj7

Well I see everybody raving about Imagur here but all I can embed is a link not a photo.

Imgur is great, but sucks on mobile.

On desktop, once you upload, click on your photo and a little flyout menu offers multiple sharing options. Copy the link for bulletin board sharing, paste into your post. Easy peasy.

On mobile they have an app apparently, but I don't use it. I just tell the browser "pretend you're a desktop" and do it the regular way I know how.

Don't give up on it yet;

I'll try it once more Again here will be the Mediterranean Sea Bass I grilled Saturday night

zaX3bOe.jpg

Back