Value of a Genesis Silver A?

Dave DaRooskie

TVWBB Member
Hi all:

Going to look at a Genesis Silver A to buy this evening with only a picture of the outside of it, in good shape.
Black.
Any ballpark figures for what I should consider a good deal on it?
Is it worth it in the 1st place?
Comments, please.
I go at 7pm tonight.

I've owned one before. Great little grills. I want to say I paid $90 or $100 for mine. I sold it for $100.

It's a 2 burner. It probably depends on what kind of shape they are in, but I've seen them as low as 40 round here.

I'm curious what will happen.

It's a 2 burner. It probably depends on what kind of shape they are in, but I've seen them as low as 40 round here.

Thanks for your input. All the ad says is 'Barbecue Grill' and 'make offer'.
Nothing about the fact it is a Weber or it's condition, just one overall outside picture.
I'm curious if they know what it is. I'll tell 'em I picked my last one up sitting alongside a dumpster and offer them $25 out of the goodness of my heart.

Personally, I'd only want to have $100 or maybe $150 total into a Silver A, and that's to end up with one that has SS flavorizers and at minimum, SS grates. Would prefer SS rods. Take a good look at the grill, see what you would have to replace, know the approximate costs for those replacements and subtract that from the offering price on the grill.

Thanks for the sage advice, everybody.
It has year-old cast iron cooking grates.
It has 3 flavorizer bars that are thinning.
Even the built-in grill light works.
I paid $40.

Thanks for the sage advice, everybody.
It has year-old cast iron cooking grates.
It has 3 flavorizer bars that are thinning.
Even the built-in grill light works.
I paid $40.

If the grates are in good shape, they are worth more than $40 by themselves. you scored !! You said that it has 3 flavorizer bars that are thinning. Does it have 5 in total and 3 of them are thinning ? Or does it only have 3 ? If the latter, it's supposed to have 5. If it has 5, put the best ones directly over top of the burner tubes. How does the frame look ? Any rust ?

Yes, it has 5 flavorizer bars and 3 are thinning. A year later, they still look the same. No, it was kept inside. I had a low temp issue as it would only rise to 450 degrees. Brushed the burners and that took care of that. I am going to start an imgur acct today, so pics are in the offing. I hope you don't have to wait another year! Sorry for the tardy reply.

Dave, $40 was probably a good price for the grill if you really didn't have to put anything into it to use it. It does sound like you will be needing a new set of Flavorizer bars soon however. I suggest these: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07F6DXS3T/tvwb-20
I just bought a set for a grill I rehabbed and they are thick 16 gauge Stainless steel.

Here is a Silver A that I rehabbed earlier this Spring. I got the grill for free and sold it for $210 after rehabbing it and replacing the flavorizer bars and cooking grates.
https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/lyndon-station-sold-weber-genesis/6875925654.html

Last edited:

Back