Is this Spirit (Sprint) pic accurate?

I am not real familiar with the newer models, but that doesn't look quite like any Spirit grills I have personally seen or pictures that I have seen before. At any rate, it maybe unused, but I don't think it is new as in this year's model.

I agree with JKim. I believe first Spirit was a rebadged Genesis Silver A. When they updated the Genesis to the 300 series in 2007, the original three burner Genesis was also rebadged as a Spirit; the quality was also diminished and I believe this is when its production was off-shored to China. From then until the immediately previously generation Spirits with front controls came out (2013?) they kept fiddling with the style using different types of shelves, doors, etc. but hidden underneath was still the old Genesis 3 burner internals. This was one of those, probably a late one-year only look. The quality of the cabinetry kept declining during this whole time.

The immediately previous Spirit that replaced the above-described first Spirits maintained a more consistent look. They seem to have rust issues in their cabinets like so many others, but I have read great reviews on the three burner’s grilling ability.

The new Spirit II has a much more radical look, but I am glad they brought back the open cart. Time will tell, but I personally think it seems more solid and simple, both Weber trademarks from a better past.

Last edited:
All is found in the Weber Product Catalogs...

First year of Spirit E-310 is 2007 and it looked like this:

IKFbcKp.jpg

Next design iteration is in 2009 and it looked like this:

HPH4522.jpg

The first instance of the stainless version is found in a 2011 premium product catalog, meaning that the stainless steel version SP-310 was reserved for "premium" dealers like Ace Hardware.

NM7Janr.jpg

Don't have a premium catalog for 2009 or 2010 (don't know if they even exist) so I don't know if SP-310 was available in those years. It's often been the case that they introduce a basic grill one year then follow-up with an upgrade the next year, so maybe there was no SP-310 for 2009 but maybe it appeared in 2010.

Back