The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: Legs - WSM 14.5

Legs - WSM 14.5

Just received and built my WSM 14.5 this afternoon.

I can tell it's a sturdy piece of kit and I'm looking forward to cooking on it.

But I just wanted to double check about the legs. When I was putting them on they don't seem to be too flush against the bottom bowl. Due to the curvature of the bowl and the way the bolt comes through the bracket at an angle, it just looks a bit odd. It tightened up all OK but it just seems a bit off. Compare it to the brackets that hold the water bowl for example. I know they're hung vertically but still. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it, we will see what happens when I fire it up - with regards to air seeping in etc.

Just wanted to mention it.

Thanks

How do they compare to the pic on Amazon? You can hover over the image to zoom. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...KE67V2/tvwb-20

Since we are talking about it, do you have your mica washers (or whatever they are) on the outside of your bowl, which is what the installation manual specifies?

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks for your response BFletcher. Yes I set it up as per instructions. I've taken 2 pics, but I'm not sure how to attach them. I think I'll just tighten them up a bit more. Just scared of cracking the paint on the bowl is all.

Cheers

Yeah, I did not use excessive torque on my hardware either. Regarding pics, from my desktop I utilize Imgur using this prescribed method: https://tvwbb.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_bo...#faq_postphoto

Ah, that's useful. Cheers.

Took the legs off and evenly distributed the angles at which I put the hardware in and now everything is much better.

Thanks again