Summit S-620 Snap Jet Igntion

MattyG NY

Hello All,

Forum newbie here and glad I found this place. Have a question and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Summit S-620 NG which I recently purchased used in very nice condition. Only one of the burners will light up with the Snap-Jet Ignition and the others will only light up manually with a lighter. All burners do work and the grill gets real hot. Also noticed there seems be more gas coming from some of the burners than others. When I push the knobs in, the gas sound on some are noticeably louder than others. So I'm just wondering what parts need to be purchased, or if this monster just needs to be taken apart and cleaned out. I did read another post about the snap-jet ignition and the poster said sometimes they just need to get cleaned.

I'm just not sure where to go from here and want to make sure I purchase whats needed.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Whenever you buy something used like that, always make sure you fully inspect it before use. Using the owners manual is helpful for identifying parts (download it if it did not come with one from Weber), care, cleaning and troubleshooting. Otherwise contact Weber/Technical and get the most correct answers to your question. Naturally, the burners closest to the gas source will sound louder than the ones further away. Hope some of this helps! Now grill on and do great things!

There was a significant delay in getting my NG hookup which is why I really couldn't test it when I purchased it. Great idea with the owners manual. I'm going to try and find a copy now.

If anyone has any advice on the Snap-Jet ignition in the meantime please chime in.

Thanks Frank!

Gas sound should be the same out of all the tubes. Pull up the grates and flavorizers, turn on gas, light each burner and do a visual inspection. Do the flames appear to be the same on all the burner tubes ? If not, it's possible that one has some blockage of some kind. Can address that if/when you find it.

For the snap jet, you'll have to do some disassembling to get to the gas manifold. There, you'll see the valves. The snap jet ignitors are built in.

s-l500.jpg

At the end of the orange cable and white piece is the electrode. make sure it's clean. Rough it up with some sandpaper. Make sure that there's nice, tight connections. Unless things have changed, you can't just buy the ignitors individually. you'd have to replace the entire valve assembly, or maybe even the entire manifold.

Thank you Dave. This week i'll disassemble this guy and check it out. Hopefully its nothing major. Appreciate the great info.

Back