Should I Get It or Too Much Work?

Scott-ManThings

40 minutes away. Should I pick it up or is it too much with all the missing parts? I’ve been looking for a blue lid so maybe worth it to just pick it up and swap out my black one that has a dent and rust? Thanks guys.

I'd pay $35 for the blue lid and the parts. Offer $25 and it's a better deal.

Boy it's missing a lot of stuff, the top shelf, flip up table, bottom shelf's, the lid handle. Looks like he may have used it as a parts grill for another one.
I agree with Pat offer him $25 if the lids in good shape.

Boy it's missing a lot of stuff, the top shelf, flip up table, bottom shelf's, the lid handle. Looks like he may have used it as a parts grill for another one.
I agree with Pat offer him $25 if the lids in good shape.

I offered him $25. He said “no.” Haha. I have a black Genny that has a big rusted dent in it. Other than that, it’s perfect. Might bite the bullet for $35 and do a swap. Might be fun to try to work my magic on the cart and see what I can do. $10 is a small amount of money to keep me from my first blue.

I say get it!;) Just accept that you are mainly getting the hood you really want for a nice otherwise grill you already have. Any other parts are just gravy. I wouldn’t say that if it were just another black one, but blue is much less common and very cool:cool:, too!

I think your grill will go up in value by the $35, plus you will have some spare parts.

The lid along is worth $25. The extra burner is gravy. If the rest of it is junk, you are still way ahead. Just consider it a parts gril. But hopefully the frame is good and you can find another donor grill to make this one complete.

Go get it now...Offer $25, I bet he takes it.

***? Why isn't it at your house already ? The lid along is worth the $35. You could probably part out some of the rest of the grill here in the For Sale forum and actually turn a small profit.

Yep between the lid, possibly good fire box, side burner and maybe good frame it's easily $35 worth of parts

I think the lid and frame are worth it, depending on what kind of frame your black top grill has. That is a 2000/3000 frame, so you can either have the side burner for a 3000 or an extra side table and have a 2000. I have the extra side table and love it. Especially because it is further from the fire box.

Back