HM not detecting temperature probes

Wayne Ficklin

TVWBB Fan
My Heatermeter isn't detecting my temperature probes. One was working earlier (and in previous cooks). Before I plugged in the 2nd, a new one fresh out of the package delivered by amazon) I noticed the first said "off". I plugged the 2nd in and made sure the 1st was in well. No dice. I've even power cycled the HM, to no avail. It looks like for one datapoint it recognized one of the probes.

Follow along @ http://ficklin.afraid.org:5000

Any tips?

<edit> Looks like I needed to pull it out just a bit instead of plugging it all the way in. Weird, but its working.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are using Maverick probes. They have a tad bit longer plug, and need to be pulled out a little to get them to work properly.

Now you will laugh but remember that I don't have the problematic units, and the people using and testing them know almost nothing about HM.

When they took pics of the boards, the problem was pretty evident. The 100k resistors at the probes are quite important to have. :D Somehow I have installed just one of those in each HM. Initially I tested that the units work but apparently not very well.

I think that was the first thing I suggested you check, the 10k and 100K resistors.... Not much else in the probe circuit to check...

I sure told them the check if something is missing. I guess they are half blind. :)

Markus why are you posting on this topic. The OP has Maverick probes, which need to be pulled out from the jack a little bit before they work correctly. I'm not sure what you are talking about in relation to the OP.

Markus why are you posting on this topic. The OP has Maverick probes, which need to be pulled out from the jack a little bit before they work correctly. I'm not sure what you are talking about in relation to the OP.

I replied to the wrong post. Sorry! :eek: Moderator can/should delete my posts.

Back