Genesis E310 gray paint, what do you use?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Back with another E310 question.
I usually use Rustoleum high heat and Rustoleum Painters Touch 2x paint for my Genesis 1000 and Silver B rehab projects. Rustoleum doesn't seem to make a High heat gray that is close to the grey on my E310 and I am not sure the Painters Touch 2X is heat resistant enough. I don't think any of the parts that I need to paint will come in direct contact with the fire box, but some of the panels will be within an inch of the fire box.

I want to stay close to the original grey as possible and if not, slightly darker would be OK. Do you think the Rustoleum 2X would be OK or do you have a recommendation for a paint that is close to the same shade of grey and higher heat tolerance?

I used regular Rustoleum on the cart pieces except for the cross bars that go under the firebox. I used VHT Ford Gray which is not a good match but not very visible. The harder thing is the hood side pieces. I used the Ford Gray but also used it on the painted parts of the side trays so that it least it would match to itself even if not the same shade of gray as the original. Some seem to prefer using black. I suppose that is quite ok but it doesn’t look like the 300 series to me. It is all preference. The Ford Gray isn’t ideal either.

I don't think I will have to mess with the end caps. I would guess I will use Rustoleum on the cart panels. I don't think I need to repaint the cross members that you're talking about. And I may not even have to paint the end caps, but if I do I will probably go with it gray that is a slightly darker than the rest of the grill. I will check out that Ford Gray vht

I have yet to sell any of mine. Two were for charity and one was for a gift. I used the Ford gray on them all - one EW and two newer ones. All had stainless hoods. I have one of each (black hoods) in my assembly line. I may have a real hard time parting with the EW one that I got for free.

I was just a Menards and they had a ford gray in tractor paint. It was way too light. I found some good Rustoleum 2X that is just slightly darker than the cabinet paint. I am thinking I will just go with Rustoleum High heat ultra gloss black on the encaps and matte black on the fire box.

I will look forward to seeing how it comes out. I agree that darker is better than too light for the frame and cabinetry. On my last one I think I used a color called slate gray.

I wish there was a high-heat medium gray that looked like Weber’s, but they must have a monopoly on it. Since it isn’t possible to match, I think it is open to interpretation and personal taste what color looks best.

I think Krylon makes high heat charcoal and gray paints. Worth looking into. I am thinking of using charcoal in my platinum restore.

I have seen plenty of Krylon around. Walmart has a ton of it, but none of it is high heat gray.

The New Bronze might be a pretty good match. It is kind of hard to tell without seeing it in hand. I am still going with the black this time. Maybe I will order it up before I start another E3xx.

If you do the entire fire box and the lid sides in the dark color who cares if it doesn't exactly match. IMO a dark slate or even black looks better anyway as the light color gets smoke and grease stained and looks like crap in just a couple cooks anyway

Last edited:
Nope, I ordered the paint, but it took too long. I sprayed them with Rustoleum Ultra Hight Heat. I still have a can of the Charcoal. I might just use it a different grill as I don't have any E3xx grills in the pipeline.

Back