How much for a rehabbed E310

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
OK, I got a good start on my latest rehab project today. I finally dug into my E310 inventory. I have two of the E/W burner grills and am going to rebuild one using a couple parts off the other. I have one with a pretty good cabinet overall, but it does have some rust...mostly just light surface rust, but it will entail some grinding and repainting. I plant to repaint the entire cabinet, inside and out. Anyway, I think it is going to look really good when I am done.

SO, my question is, how much should I charge for this thing once it is done? I know everyone has a different market with varying values, but lets put this in perspective.

If I normally sell a regular open base rehabbed Silver B for $250, what should I be charging for a redone Genesis E-310? I am planning on charging more than a Silver B, but not sure how much more I should charge as this will be the first Genesis E series that I have redone and tried to sell.

This isn't the actual grill, but it is the same model I am rehabbing.

yGdnrOd.jpg

So, instead of telling me how much you would try to sell a rehabbed one for, tell me how much more you would sell this for as compared to a rehabbed Genesis Silver B.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bruce that is a tuff one is it green? I don't know those grills but I can see with the color and modern look I think you could get a really good price especially if the lady of the house takes a look at it. My neighbor has one of those his wife signed off on it, not sure after looking at my redhead she was all that crazy about it.

Here is the good my wife and kids look at that redhead with the wood they just thing its beautiful by the way he bought the newer model not east or west with th e infared burner for $260 some guy moving just wanted to get rid of it crazy.

No rust in the cabinet by the way.

This interests me as well somewhat because I went to look at an E320 (similar E/W layout with a side burner on the left side) that was $40 and I walked away because the bottom shelf was swiss cheese.

That's a tuff one Bruce. I think there is more appeal with of course the 1000s vs the more modern look of the 300 series i guess the Silver B falls somewhere in between. I have both an E320 and my genesis 2000. The fire box on the 320 is just a little bigger than the 2000 it just looks much bigger, but it is taller which I like. They cook almost exactly the same.
What is weird though is the 320 has a single row of FBs and I've never had a flare up, but my original Silver B you had to be there to babysit it or you would end up with charred food.
Plus some people are leery of the tin cabinet especially in wet areas where the tin worms thrive.

My best guess is in the same condition that being good to excellent I would say the 300 would be worth between $50-100 more than a silver B.

The lid on my grill is black. I just found that stock photo to show the style. I know many on this list, myself included prefer the older silver B's and Genesis 1000's over the newer cabinet style E series. But potential customers go more on the looks and the E series are just more modern looking and I think a lot of people think the cabinet is a plus as well as they don't consider the rust issue.

So, I was thinking about throwing it up at around $300. It will have SS rod grates (used) and a new set of after market SS flavo bars. I should be able to salvage the burners and igniter.
I hope that additional info helps. Still looking for estimates.

Mine is a 2009 and an E320 and I got it in 2014 I paid $175 which I thought was fair because it had been in dry storage for two years it truly looked like new.
I haven't seen any on our CL here so I can't base my thoughts on that. I would take a guess at $250, I think $300 might scare a lot people off for a used three burner non stainless.

I agree lots would prefer the modern look most would not even know what a 1000 is everyone who I have shown my 1000 to did not even know it exists we are to old maybe. After looking at that crap spirit today I think I would list that for $350 let them counter.

Thank you everyone. I think I have a pretty good idea where I think my price point might be best.

Well whatever that price point is I hope you get it. Good luck! I'll be listing my Silver B tomorrow for $200 probably won't get that much but I can try.

Also, do the side control Genesis E300 series grills have the "heat deflectors", or is that only on the front control 300 series? I am asking about the "Heat Deflectors, not the Flavorizer bars.

Yes that's the same grill that I will be selling. Do you notice how none of those grills with the cabinets ever show the inside of the cabinet on the ad?

Also, do the side control Genesis E300 series grills have the "heat deflectors", or is that only on the front control 300 series? I am asking about the "Heat Deflectors, not the Flavorizer bars.

Bruce,
The first 300 series like yours with the E-W burners did not have the heat deflectors. When they went to the N-S configuration on the second series, I think the pretty large space between the burners forced them to do this. Possibly to act as secondary flavorizers and keep too much grease from dripping down... Also, I think because the wide open spaces created uneven grilling temperatures, so they needed something to reflect more heat up. This kind of points out the shortcoming of the later 300s.

There was somebody on the west coast of Florida (where all the cool grills seem to be:rolleyes:) who had a sharp red first generation 300 with a rotisserie. He started in the mid $300s but came down to $295. I believe it sold. His ad was so-so. I think it is critical to point out your rehabbing (his was just in very nice condition) and on this grill to point out the advantages of the E-W burners. They are better for rotisserie, yes, but even for regular grilling you have a much broader coverage of burners under your grates. I hope you do really well!

Thanks Jon. I do have a N/S burner 310 as well. It was so full of gunk when I picked it up that I didn't think it had the heat deflectors either. They were buried in the gunk. Anyway, I hope to start this one out at about $300, maybe a little higher to allow for wiggle room.

It's worth whatever someone will pay. If you start too high though you won't even get close to your bottom $$$ and if you start too low you might leave $$$ on the table. It's a balance act

LOL, exactly right there Larry. I am looking for that optimal price point. I just don't see any listed on CL or FB in my area right now and if I do, they are not in that good of shape. Just no good comparisons.

That is why I decided to ask the price in relation to what I have been selling my Silver B's and 1000's for. At least I have a good idea of that market and it seems like most people figure I can get about $50 more for a newer modern looking E310 than I can for the older styles. So, I figure I will start out in the $300 range and see how it goes. If I don't get much interest, I will drop it after a few days to a week.

Yes that's the same grill that I will be selling. Do you notice how none of those grills with the cabinets ever show the inside of the cabinet on the ad?

I would imagine due to the humidity in ATL since every closed in grill I have had here rusted from the inside and yes I have noticed in the few I looked at there are not any pictures with the doors open. I remember awhile back there was one that was a good price was going to look at it for a friend I contacted them to ask about the rust inside never got an answer.

I don't think it is so much climate as it is just a design and materials issue. It happens everywhere and invariably, they never show the inside of the cabinet unless they are being very upfront about the condition and pricing it accordingly.

I don't think it is so much climate as it is just a design and materials issue. It happens everywhere and invariably, they never show the inside of the cabinet unless they are being very upfront about the condition and pricing it accordingly.

I often see ones here with the picture showing it propped up with a brick:eek:!

166kemr.jpg

28k2aoj.jpg

Back