Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meat probes not working in a HM 4.3

I do have Thermoworks probes but the problematis HM units are several hunderd kilometers away from here.

I have also iGrill, Ink-Bird and Ikea probes and all of them work in all connectors of my HM. The connectors in the problematic ones are 100% same model so there is no way this is a connection problem.

TVWBB Emerald Member
    Well, I've named every component in the probe circuit(s), which are few, and every setting related to the probes... You indicated all are correct and assure me it is not bad/incompatible probes or odd fitting probes. Frankly I am at a loss, not a lot of ground to cover here and we've been over it all... Sorry I wasn't able to help... I still suggest your friends try some Thermoworks Pro probes....
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

Well, now you will laugh but remember that I don't have the problematic units and the people using and testing them are not familiar with HM.

The system does not work very well without the 100k resistors. Somehow I have installed the 100k resistor only for pit probe. When I got pictures of the PCBs I noticed this immediately.

I have suggested people buying Thermoworks probes (or the European ones under ETI brand).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12