Worst Nightmare Came True

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I posted a while ago about how tinder dry the grass lands were by our house.
Well the horror story started. The fields next to where we live are on fire and with a steady 35 mph wind it’s spreading fast.
There is at least 25 engine companies and a large amount of US forestry vehicles fighting it.
In the 2nd picture with the houses in it the fire department one block back is going door to door telling people to evacuate.
If it jumps the roadway we will be next.
I’ll keep you posted.
27172711207_c88fbe6831_z.jpg
[/url]100_3047 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27172710617_d6542543f7_z.jpg
[/url]100_3052 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
UPDATE:

The fire has moved past us and is now destroying homes about a half mile north of us. No containment in site. But if we get a change in wind direction you can see that dry brush between us and the burning structures, it can still get us.

40237528890_f231b7dccd_z.jpg
[/url]100_3065 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

42001730552_ddccc25a60_z.jpg
[/url]16743939_G[1] by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Rich & Barb,
Wishing you guys the best. Were in "Stage 1" fire restrictions & will probably be in "stage 2". Very Very dry here.
Keep everyone posted. Stay safe our friends to the south.

You guys hang in there Rich. We’ve been through that a few times and I know what you’re going through is terrifying and no fun. Our thoughts are with you and all the good folks in Arizona.

Update:

News reported this morning that the fire went from 500 acres to 2500 acres in a couple of hours. It is now contained and being monitored for flare ups and hot spots.

Ended up being 5100 acres

At least five homes were lost and numerous out buildings were burned.

Apparently no injury's to residence or fire fighters.

This could have been a real tragedy, where we live there is around 800 homes and thanks to the heroic effort of the fire fighters it wasn't any worse than it was.

Today brings more winds but with the fire fighters on top of it hopefully all will be well.

Barb and I thank all of you for the kind and encouraging words.

Last edited:

Back