Thread: Hey from Boston!

Hey from Boston!

Hey everyone!

First time WSM owner here, and 1st smoker in general, and im super excited to get going! I got a 18.5" essentially brand new, the previous owners fired it up once with charcoal only.

I bought the cajun bandit steel door with latch, charcoal ring upgrade and the hinge kit which I plan to install this weekend.

I'm currently curing some bacon which ill smoke over memorial day weekend then I plan to do a pork butt a couple weeks after that.

Starting off with bacon is a great way to start. You're probably never going to buy it from the store again. Welcome aboard and Go Sox!
    22" Weber Kettle; 18" Weber Kettle; Big Brother: 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ; and Brand New Baby Brother 14" Weber Smokey Mountain

Welcome! Running through some new posts as I watch the sox right now try to plate a run in extras...you're going to love all the things you can cook on the 18.5" as far as meat goes in Mass...I see you're a wellsley farms man BJ's for ribs too. The St. Louis ribs are great there and of course the baby backs. No solution added. Super-Walmart for Brisket and Wegmans for pork shoulder...Recently BJ's started matching Wegmans on the pork shoulders...But the wegmans ones are bigger. DON'T buy ribs anywhere for more than $3/LB. BJ's always beats that. They do sales once in a while with coupons for $5 off a rack of ribs..stock up!
    18.5" WSM & Genesis EP-330 Steel Gray & 2017 Red Weber Limited Edition (contest winner )

Welcome Matty. Congrats on your purchase. You're going to have a great summer with it.
    Tim (BB) Q. SMOKIN UP A STORM!
    WSM 22.5, OTG 22.5, Charcoal Go-Anywhere, Gas Go-Anywhere, Broil King Gasser