Hey from Boston!

MattyBrass

Hey everyone! :wsm:

First time WSM owner here, and 1st smoker in general, and im super excited to get going! I got a 18.5" essentially brand new, the previous owners fired it up once with charcoal only.

I bought the cajun bandit steel door with latch, charcoal ring upgrade and the hinge kit which I plan to install this weekend.

I'm currently curing some bacon which ill smoke over memorial day weekend then I plan to do a pork butt a couple weeks after that.

kY9HZRQ.jpg

LPNGXag.jpg

aaYNJx5.jpg

byt1qPE.jpg

Starting off with bacon is a great way to start. You're probably never going to buy it from the store again. Welcome aboard and Go Sox!

Welcome! Running through some new posts as I watch the sox right now try to plate a run in extras...you're going to love all the things you can cook on the 18.5" as far as meat goes in Mass...I see you're a wellsley farms man ;) BJ's for ribs too. The St. Louis ribs are great there and of course the baby backs. No solution added. Super-Walmart for Brisket and Wegmans for pork shoulder...Recently BJ's started matching Wegmans on the pork shoulders...But the wegmans ones are bigger. DON'T buy ribs anywhere for more than $3/LB. BJ's always beats that. They do sales once in a while with coupons for $5 off a rack of ribs..stock up!

Back