Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Will You Smoke For Smoke Day This Year?

Got my shirt, getting ready to raid Lowe’s, got beef ribs, and getting either baby backs or spares. Tonight, I’m doing wings on the kettl with the vortex. Sunday and Monday are up in the air because we might get a tropical storm. It’ll probably be west of here, so we’ll just be wet.
    22" Weber Kettle; 18" Weber Kettle; Big Brother: 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ; and Brand New Baby Brother 14" Weber Smokey Mountain

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    I'm at the store now trying to decide.
    All natural, just like their charcoal.

Last edited by Bob Correll; 05-25-2018 at 11:51 AM.

lol I thought that was a charcoal selection, Bob! OMG might as well but precooked bacon! ����
    Vern
    Nothing but Weber equipment: Performer Grill , 18.5" WSM

Going with Ribs and Beer Can Chicken tomorrow to celebrate Smoke Day. This will be my 5th Smoke Day after being shut out by Mother Nature last year.
    '08 WSM 18.5" , Weber Fireplace, '06 Go-Anywhere Charcoal, an '85 & '86 Smokey Joe

TVWBB Member
    Smoking Bologna for lunch sandwiches and Center Cut Pork Chops for dinner

Weekend in the mountains. Already took Short Ribs off 2 hour smoke. While ribs braise in red wine we at checking dogs for ticks. Zero on one, 5 on the other so far. FUN
    18.5 WSM, Mini

Busy weekend here, but 5lbs of cured belly going on tomorrow.
    ; ; ;

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Everything came in right on schedule here! Best brisket (Texas style) pulled pork was a hit, Mac and cheese, bacon tots were a bit hot for some but, have a beer and another one! Sausage was excellent, the killer was 95 degree heat! But through good umbrella placement and a really lovely black walnut tree, no one suffered heat stroke! Food coma, yes a little sunburn, maybe but, it was a grand day! Sorry no pix, too busy. Twelve hours nonstop settingup and managing flow and everything. Will finish teardown today and have a brisket sandwich for lunch!
    John Wayne would have fit right in on his birthday!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

We got the ribs in yesterday (beer can chicken will have to wait for another weekend). An hour into the cook, mother nature showed up in the form of a thunder storm and 40 minute down pour. Made 3 racks using the Basic Baby Back Ribs recipe found under Cooking Topics, they turned out awesome! Total cook time was around 4 hours 45 minutes despite the storm.
    '08 WSM 18.5" , Weber Fireplace, '06 Go-Anywhere Charcoal, an '85 & '86 Smokey Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123