Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Performer

TVWBB Super Fan
    As other had stated a stainless steel cooking grate is pretty much the only thing this grill could of came with to make it better. I've found that propane assist super handy. Almost never use my charcoal chimminy.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Brian, nice score you're going to love it.
    If you get tired of replacing the little gas bottles you can get a Q adapter hose that will allow you to use a standard 20# tank, much cheaper way to go. I'm on year four with the same tank. If you don't move it around a lot it's the best way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...5NYDT5/tvwb-20
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Dave, thanks for the info will look into those options. I would have never figured it was brick red but my eyes are not what they used to be I like it though its different.

Garth that really was an unbelievable deal.

Brian

You're welcome Brian. Personally, I think it's kind of funny as that color isn't what comes to mind when I hear "red brick"
    Ranch Kettle x 2, MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

You will love that Performer. Welcome to the brick red club. I just picked up a brick red OTG.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14.5WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG 18 OTG Jumbo Joe Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    Brian, nice score you're going to love it.
    If you get tired of replacing the little gas bottles you can get a Q adapter hose that will allow you to use a standard 20# tank, much cheaper way to go. I'm on year four with the same tank. If you don't move it around a lot it's the best way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...5NYDT5/tvwb-20

Rich thanks for the info I do need to move it around as its stored under my deck which has a corrugated roof so its dry I just need to move it about 15' to use it so I assume it would need to disconnect it then reconnected when you move it. I actually think your solution is better as I have 3 tanks as I have a 1000 also 2 tanks always filled don't want to be one of those people hey I have a cookout just ran out of gas my wife would kill me by the way.

I would never need it to be portable since it is staying in the same spot not like I am using it at a camp site or something. Looks like my home depot has the 1 pound 2 pack for under 7 bucks however my local Ace fills a 20 pound which is really 15 for under 12 bucks. Your idea sounds like a no brainier if I did my math correctly please not my strong suit. But should be around $52 bucks for 15 pounds of propane with the 2 pack. $25 bucks for that attachment and 12 bucks for the 15 pound propane tank refill. So around $37.00 for the setup with the 20 pound tank with the added benefit if I run out of propane with the performer I just switch one of my tanks or the other way around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12