Weber cover for the old Genesis Silver/Gold C?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I know this is a long shot. I am looking for a Weber cover for my refurbished Gold C. I would love to get one with vents similar to that one:
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?66...sis-Platinum-2&p=731384&viewfull=1#post731384
I have a similar cover for my Silver B and it has held up great for the past 10+ years. I also think that the vents have helped to keep my grill dry preventing moisture buildup under the cover. The silver B has been sitting outside in all kind of weather and basically has no rust. Not even on the floor panel.
Or does someone know what the original part number was for a vented cover?

Thx
Stefan

Stefan,
That post you linked is my grill, a Weber Platinum 3400.

I also like the older "rubberized" Weber covers with the vents front and rear and have been running them for almost 20 years on my Weber's.

The model you are looking for is Weber #9859 and it fits the following Weber grills-

Use with all Weber Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B and C, and Genesis 2000-5500 gas grills
Fits grills approximately 54 inches wide, 27 inches deep, and 45 inches tall

Not sure if you caught this post or not but I talked about these covers with Jim T and located him one on e-bay which he purchased for his smaller Genesis 1.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?73898-1988-Genesis-1

They show up on e-bay every couple months so keep an eye out as they get snatched up quick. If I were you I would save it it your "Watch List" so you'll get an e-mail when one does pops up.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff

Thanks for the information. Yes #9859 is what I am looking for. I guess Ebay or the local groups are the only chance. I will keep my eyes open. Good thing I am in Texas. ;-)

Jeff, let Stefan answer I think your chances of finding that cover are slim and none but a constant ebay scan as well as craigslist might get lucky.

You found a junior anything is possible but I actually like the new ones and for our climate down here not really sure the rubberized ones are a better solution. Up your way what your looking for might be a better solution.

Stefan,
If you are interested in that cover let me know. The seller says he will ship.

Jedf

Eventually the wait pays off. I just found one (#9859) on ebay. Supposedly brand new in the box. $42 with shipping. Didn't even think twice to hit that buy button. Hopefully it turns out like advertised.

Back