Thread: Hello from Indiana

Hello from Indiana

Thanks to all the forum contributors. I have been grilling on a gas grill with wood chips for years, and thought I was eating well. Then on a trip to Saint Louis I had a pulled pork sandwich at Papaís, wow, I was blown away. I started researching back yard smokers and found this site. You convinced me to get a WSM. So I saved my pennies and bought a 14 inch WSM in April. My first cook was a 9 pound butt. I started at 4am on a rainy, windy, 36 degree day. I was in heaven, best rainy day ever. The butt was done at 6pm. The family raved and ate the whole thing in less then 3 days. Since my first smoke I have done a whole chicken, whole turkey, and salmon. All with great results thanks to your advice and guidance. The wife wants a brisket for Motherís Day. So I canít wait to tackle that. Thanks again for all the advice, you guys and gals are the best. Keep on smoking.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Larry!
    Glad to hear that a St Louis bbq joint set you on the path to some righteous, homemade barbecue!

Welcome Larry. Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you're well on your way to lots of good eats.
    Tim (BB) Q. SMOKIN UP A STORM!
    WSM 22.5, OTG 22.5, Charcoal Go-Anywhere, Gas Go-Anywhere, Broil King Gasser