When you're an old married couple

Had a similar conversation with Barb one evening.

Barb: YOU DRINK BEER?

Rich: YES

Barb: HOW MANY BEERS A DAY?

Rich: USUALLY ABOUT THREE

Barb: HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY PER BEER?

Rich: $5.00

Barb: AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?

Rich: ABOUT 50 YEARS, I SUPPOSE

Barb: SO A BEER COSTS $5 AND YOU HAVE THREE BEERS A DAY WHICH PUTS YOUR SPENDING EACH MONTH AT $450. IN ONE YEAR, IT WOULD BE APPROXIMATELY $5400 CORRECT?

Rich: CORRECT

Barb: IF IN 1 YEAR YOU SPEND $5400, NOT ACCOUNTING FOR INFLATION, THE PAST 50 YEARS PUTS YOUR SPENDING AT $270,000 CORRECT?

Rich: CORRECT

Barb: DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU DIDN’T DRINK SO MUCH BEER, THAT MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN A STEP-UP INTEREST SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND AFTER ACCOUNTING FOR COMPOUND INTEREST FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS, YOU COULD HAVE NOW BOUGHT AN AIRPLANE?

Rich: DO YOU DRINK BEER?

Barb: NO.

Rich: WHERE IS YOUR AIRPLANE?:)

Last edited:
OK, if I quit beer now, I can have my airplane when I am 116. Who want's to go for a ride with me? :)

(I've heard both of them already....).

Marriage is like a deck of playing cards.

In the beginning it's all HEARTS and DIAMONDS...and in the end you wish you had a CLUB and a SPADE...

It's funny I used to be a beer lover even brewed a few of my own. I can honestly say I haven't had a total of a six pack of beer since I posted that story about Barb and I and the airplane in 2018 which of course was just a spoof.
Not to say that I don't drink but bourbon and tonic has become my drink of choice now. I'd love to say I've become more sophisticated in my old age,
but that's not the case it's just that beer gives me to much gas and I got tired of the dogs barking at me all the time.
Carry on.

Back