Thread: Hello From Los Angeles

Post Hello From Los Angeles

Hello Weber Forum- I have been a proud owner of Genesis Silver B for close to 20 years. It has served me very well from burgers on the 4th of July to Guys night out steaks and everything in between. Back in 2006 I built the grill into a fireplace/ BBQ on my back patio and it been great. A couple of months ago I realized the firebox had started to deteriorate all the way through. This is when I found this forum. I knew I could rehab the interior parts but never thought about a full rehab. Given that I had built in the BBQ it was very important to find and use the same model Silver B, which I learned was no longer in production. I looked and looked and after missing out on a couple good deals I came across the perfect solution. A very well cared for Silver B. So with about an hour drive, done early on a Saturday morning and $50 and I had the makings of a new project. After multiple applications of de-greaser and heavy power washing, I was ready to paint. I used a High Heat Aged Copper paint along with a flat Black for the Box and have, In my humble opinion, the coolest new Weber on my block.

Anyway- Thanks to the tips I got here, this turned out to be a great project and has lead to an ever expanding obsession with Weber and this forum and the Weber life style!!!

Happy BBQ-ing to all

Christian A.
    Last edited by Christian A; 05-04-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Welcome Christian!

Photo posting instructions here: https://tvwbb.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_bo...#faq_postphoto

~original

So I have figured out the photo posting and here is my refurbed Silver B
    Last edited by Christian A; 05-04-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Unfortunately, Photobucket no longer allows photo sharing from free accounts. Try Imgur.com instead.

You can sometimes (usually) make Photobucket photos work by adding ~original at the end of the URL, e.g. http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...t.jpg~original

Here's your photo:

I'll be curious to see how that high-temp paint holds up on the lid. Let us know.

Thanks Chris- So far no issues with the paint on the lid, it's been about a month and 5-6 uses, I'm hopeful it won't be an issue

Your B looks great built into the island like that!

That looks great Christian!
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14.5WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG 18 OTG JJ Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Welcome Christian. Nice work on the restoration.
    Tim (BB) Q. SMOKIN UP A STORM!
    WSM 22.5, OTG 22.5, Charcoal Go-Anywhere, Gas Go-Anywhere, Broil King Gasser