Hello From Los Angeles

Christian A

Hello Weber Forum- I have been a proud owner of Genesis Silver B for close to 20 years. It has served me very well from burgers on the 4th of July to Guys night out steaks and everything in between. Back in 2006 I built the grill into a fireplace/ BBQ on my back patio and it been great. A couple of months ago I realized the firebox had started to deteriorate all the way through. This is when I found this forum. I knew I could rehab the interior parts but never thought about a full rehab. Given that I had built in the BBQ it was very important to find and use the same model Silver B, which I learned was no longer in production. I looked and looked and after missing out on a couple good deals I came across the perfect solution. A very well cared for Silver B. So with about an hour drive, done early on a Saturday morning and $50 and I had the makings of a new project. After multiple applications of de-greaser and heavy power washing, I was ready to paint. I used a High Heat Aged Copper paint along with a flat Black for the Box and have, In my humble opinion, the coolest new Weber on my block.

Anyway- Thanks to the tips I got here, this turned out to be a great project and has lead to an ever expanding obsession with Weber and this forum and the Weber life style!!!

ib99hzA.jpg

Happy BBQ-ing to all

Christian A.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris- So far no issues with the paint on the lid, it's been about a month and 5-6 uses, I'm hopeful it won't be an issue

Back