Kingsford Original 2/18.6 $12.88 37.2¢/lb Lowes 5/3-5/9/18

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Kingsford Original 2/18.6 $12.88 37.2¢/lb Lowes 5/3-5/9/18

Lowes is advertising Kingsford Original 2/18.6 twin-pack for $12.88. That's 37.2¢/lb, not your best price of the season, but perhaps a "tide me over" price until the Memorial Day weekend sale.

Offer is good 5/3/18 - 5/9/18. No limit on quantity stated in the ad.

Is Memorial Day weekend when Home Depot does their big discount on the same product? I grabbed 7 twin 18.6# packs earlier this week as they have them at $14.99 right now. I thought they usually did around $10 for the same twin pack at some point in the spring?

An eBay seller has Buy it Now twin 18.6/lb bags listed for $17.95, and get this:
they are offering Free Shipping!
Have to wonder if they realize how much that will cost.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingsford-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It cost them nothing. They just drop ship

- - - Updated - - -

Is Memorial Day weekend when Home Depot does their big discount on the same product? I grabbed 7 twin 18.6# packs earlier this week as they have them at $14.99 right now. I thought they usually did around $10 for the same twin pack at some point in the spring?

They honor it right now when Lowes runs their sale!!!

I agree Fletch, who is absorbing the freight? And someone has to pay the truck driver, even drop shipping isn’t free, across the board.
That said, I’m down to three 18.6 lb bags, I might need some “Emergency” stock of a couple of doubles to see me through another three weeks....‘‘tis the season”!

Last edited:

Back