Tempted!

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I don't care for Spirits, and I don't care for grills for rehabbing. Especially for rehabbing them. But this just popped on FB and it is tempting me. I think that I might even be able to get it for nothing if she is that intent on getting rid of it. It would be about a 50 mile drive and I am in no need of more grills to rehab. I have 8 or 9 lined up now.

Xbs6JtM.jpg

The stainless is looking a bit "rusted" expecially behind the handle. And it looks like bird crap on the right hand table. But it is evidently a newer N/S burner Spirit. But I really don't have any experience with this style of Weber.

THoughts?

Geez larry, you are like that little devil on my right shoulder saying "Do it". Then, I have the little guy on the right shoulder saying "you have too many already and you need to get rid of some so you have room."

I am just going to have to pass on it. Part of the reason is that I am not as familiar with those years/styles of Webers. There will be more though....that I am sure of.

Here’s another tempter in your life:cool:. I don’t think these are world class grills as far as construction goes, but they used to get VERY HIGH reviews for grilling. I don’t think this would a bad grill to rehab and for $25 maybe you should give one a try. With the stainless hood and three burners, I think it is flippable:eek:!

I agree John, but I don't like dealing with stainless and rust which is what looks like is on that Grill. Plus I can't stand the grill with the cabinet's especially for rehabbing. And I just don't have room right now for another Grill. If it had popped up over the winter or a month ago I would have probably jumped on it.

It is in the middle of hill country West and north of Madison. It is SW of the Dells. About 50 miles of twisting, winding country roads from me. But, it is a very pretty area if you enjoy the outdoors.

Oh, Tom, Sorry about that. I frequent both forums and mis posted this one. If one of the mods could transfer it to the Gas Grill forum, that would be great.

It would be a ways out of your way off of I90. But, yah, I don't really beleive in that style either. I was thinking it might be worth picking up and doing a quick clean and fix and donating it whatever. The last time I grabbed a spirit with a cabinet, the goofy tray support in it was totally rusted out needing an expensive replacement and the cabinet was rusted pretty good. It looks like that one is all stainless, but I just don't think it could be cleaned up enough to look good enough to sell for a decent price. It looks like it has been completely neglected for years and I am sure any non-stainless parts are in tough shape.

Once that SS starts rusting you know that more will be showing up shortly. Also if it's been sitting out there all winter who knows what's living inside that cabinet.
I'd pass on it also.

Back