2018 Season is looking up

Bruce,

That looks like a winner! Beautiful job; you set a high standard. Anybody that can see past chinajunk and is looking for something high quality should be thrilled to get that grill.

Based on your reaction, maybe you can raise your prices on the next one:cool:!

Jon

Indeed - a fine looking gal!

You took all the pics I'd want to see. Mirror lid finish and clean box? I'd be all over that.

Very nice work.

I should have the Silver C with the side burner done by the end of next week and I am going to ask $250 for that....I probably should put it up for $275, but I need to move some inventory. Things are a bit ridiculous in my garage and drive way right now.

Bruce,

Go for $295!

Garages and decks are made for grills. Ask me how I know:rolleyes:!

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with asking for the best price, in my opinion. I am not advocating rip-off pricing. You do top drawer work, though, and I think there are obviously buyers looking for that and even ones willing to pay. $295 for a great grill with the rare side burner seems very fair to me.

Jon

Last edited:
��������
Under consideration

That's awesome Bruce! I think you should list the Silver C for $300 so you can get your asking price of $250. It should sell quick!

OH, it took me a while, but I couldn't figure out what you were referring to regarding "MICE". I had to go back and relook the whole thread before I came back and realized it was a simple spelling error. LOL;)

Thanks for all the great reviews guys. I might try bumping the prices on some of my grills this year.

Bruce,

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/for/d/weber-genesis-2000-redhead-3/6577938750.html

If the ad is gone someone is selling a redhead 2000 for $650. Pretty sure you can sell you silvers/1000s for $300 at the max with no problem. Yah, the ad is for a 2000 but for $650? Don't think it even has top notch grates and bars as it states that it's restored with OEM Weber components.

iT8v6Rx.jpg

wsUhZvd.jpg

e2PGb3L.jpg

It looks like a nice restore but not $650 nice even if it came with rc's hardware.

Last edited:
Based on the fact that you can sometimes find grills of that vintage for 50 to 100 bucks or less it's not worth 650. But based on quality and durabilty It's probably worth every penny of that. I would think he's unlikely to get that though.

Something fishy with that add. The first photo has NO swing tables. The rest seem to show them on both sides. Also, silver (stainless?) Z brackets in the first photo, but black ones in the rest.

I think maybe the picture without the swing tables and with tools hanging was before he finished the restoration. The lid handle doesn’t look as good, either. Not smart of him to include that picture.

I agree that $650 is really high, but I wish him the very best on what appears to be a beautiful classic Weber with all the features. Can’t replicate that at Home Depot at any price. I certainly am hoping that there are people out there who recognize that and will pay well - probably not $650, but well - for a really nice restored original Weber.

What we are all trying to do in saving these grills in a high quality way is never going to make any of us any big $, but I believe it is worth more than give away pricing to the right potential buyers.

I have officially sworn off acquiring any more grills for at least a month or two. I started this rehab stuff last spring and I didn't know the ins and outs of finding grills candidates. By mid summer I was out of grills to rehab and the pickings were slim. It wasn't until later in the summer/fall, that I started to find some more good deals. I decided I didn't want that happen again this year, so all fall, winter and into this spring, I have been building my inventory. The grills are still popping real regular now and I could have grabbed a couple more this past week. But, I am out of room and need to get busy with the rehabbing. I have sold two already this year, but I want to get quite a few more rehabbed and sold this season.

here is my inventory as it sits right now. Some of the grills can be redone nearly as they sit, others will need donor parts and some of these grills will be cannibalized for others. The grill behind the camper under the cover is a Genesis 1000.

I also have a Q100 on the deck, a Q140 in the camper and parts laying all over the damn place.

xJ9ZNrp.jpg

RCdH1Wq.jpg

Back