Red and Green = Chrstmas?

Shaun Murphy

TVWBB Member
Picked up "Hulk" for $60. Needs an igniter. New bars, factory grates. Would love to find a side burner to add to hulk though!!! New wood for sure.

The maroon balloon was free but needs a ton of work! Need the lower rails for the frame as the last one is only attached on one side :rolleyes:
Lid is near perfect, just dirty. Emblem needs refinished, igniter and sides touched up on the box. I just picked it up because of the lid and free.

hduCu5f.jpg

Who is hoarding parts?!?!?!

Hey "GOOD DOCTOR":

Oh, hey, those are both good finds. Maybe the gest part of the maroon one is that it "likely" has the slide support for the swing table and it looks like all the shelf hardware is present and intact. THose are some of the first pieces on those old Genny 1000's that either rust away or just get lost. If you decide not to rehab it, it will be a great source of parts, a lot of which you can probably use on the Hulk if needed.

I am going to be in Chicago this weekend. If I drive my truck, I might try to snag a couple of those cheap curb pickups. But, I am thinking we go with the Cobalt and save on gas and it will be a lot more pleasant to drive around town than a full size truck.

Trucks and Chicago traffic are no joke. Cobalt for the win! You find something, let me know and I will store it till next time around!

Both have the slide supports for the swing out table.

Wow! Great finds. I really like the maroon hood and look forward to seeing you bring one or both back to life. You better watch out or your yard will star looking like mine.:rolleyes:

Thats good on the slide supports. What I can tell is that the earlier Genny 1000 Grills don't have the slide, although it has the holes for the rod to go into. The funny thing is that Weber didn't change the holes when they added the slide. They used those rod holes for the holes to mount the slide. So, you can transfer those slides to an older Genny 1000 if you like. I did that with my 1993. I think they went to the slide when they switched from wood to Durawood for the shelf slats.

Also, a little hint. The swing tables probably will stick if you try to raise or lower them. All you need to do is put a thin layer of oil on the slide. I actually used vegetable oil and a year later, it works slick as can be.

And I appreciate the offer to store a grill or two for me, but I make it a point to not go to Chicago very often. The traffic being one of the biggest reasons.

Speaking of Red, I'm going to pick up this elusive redhead on Thursday...

x5tD2Wn.jpg

eHfUOwh.jpg

jBBD6qd.jpg

I've been trying to find a Genny 3000 all this time and now I'll have one as I think these are becoming harder and harder to find....in my neck of the woods anyways.

thats a nice looking redhead! You should dismantle that burner and send it to me!

What is that scheduled to set you back?

Yep, and I see that has the wood slats and no slide bar for the swing table. That is a honey. What is up with the wire tray under neath. Some thing looks off but maybe that is since it is a 3000 vs 1000. Looks like a free new cover for it too.

thats a nice looking redhead! You should dismantle that burner and send it to me!

What is that scheduled to set you back?

Haha, well the seller is about 3 hours away one way and I have this thing called work that's setting me back LOL. I've already set up an appointment with the seller for this Thursday, it works out because he sold his house and needs to get out of there by Friday.

Yah, I was thinking the same thing about that wire tray underneath...not sure why it's not a full size one and what is that bar on the bottom by the disposable drip pans? Yah, will score on the cover too but it looks like it's for the Gennys without the side burner/right table (1000, Silver A, B, etc..).

It's totally missing the bottom shelf. That old style did not come with wire down there. Came with Z brackets and wood/durawood slats. I think RCPlanebuyer makes those brackets and you can fab up wood slats from cedar fence pickets and you're golden. But, wow 3 hour drives ugh.

Hey "GOOD DOCTOR":

Oh, hey, those are both good finds. Maybe the gest part of the maroon one is that it "likely" has the slide support for the swing table and it looks like all the shelf hardware is present and intact. THose are some of the first pieces on those old Genny 1000's that either rust away or just get lost. If you decide not to rehab it, it will be a great source of parts, a lot of which you can probably use on the Hulk if needed.

I am going to be in Chicago this weekend. If I drive my truck, I might try to snag a couple of those cheap curb pickups. But, I am thinking we go with the Cobalt and save on gas and it will be a lot more pleasant to drive around town than a full size truck.

Hey Bruce you're going to come right past me. Got anything you want to trade off or maybe grab a red lid? I would love to maybe trade for an extended right side frame for my Silver B so I can mount that extra side burner I have, and maybe a tank scale for the "B" as the old style scale does not fit or work on the B. I have a couple of those older style scales if you need also. Email me and let me know. You're literally gonna pass so close we could shake hands as you go by LOL
And oddly enough wife is going right past you this weekend. Has to go to MSP. Her mom fell on the day of that 18" snowstorm last week. (not outdoors inside her assisted living center). Anyway she had to have a pin put in her upper leg. So wife going up to look in on her and start the process of getting her moved down here to the Rockford area. Since she's the only one left there. It's nuts for my wife to keep shlepping up there for trying to help care for her. A little over a year ago it was a REALLY expensive trip as wife was driving my Infiniti QX4 (a VERY capable 4wd vehicle) but she forgot you have to "turn on" the 4wd system on it. It's otherwise a RWD vehicle and of course it had a locker rear end. So she's tootling along in a snow storm right in your back yard. And of course the back end slid out and she buried it on the ditch.Ripped out some trim pieces, clipped a tree (yet only scratched the front bumper) broke off a couple other pieces. Trooper had to get a tow and than take the truck to a service center. That little excursion cost me a few hundo! That's why we now have a Highlander (full time 4wd LOL).
Anyway I digress let me know if you wanna do a little trading on your trip

Last edited:
It's totally missing the bottom shelf. That old style did not come with wire down there. Came with Z brackets and wood/durawood slats. I think RCPlanebuyer makes those brackets and you can fab up wood slats from cedar fence pickets and you're golden. But, wow 3 hour drives ugh.

Thanks LM. I'll check up on the Z brackets. Yah, 3 hour drives...I had to think long and hard on this one and came to the conclusion that I've been looking for this style of grill for the longest time and I don't want to lose out on this one.

Sam, I purchased some of the Z brackets last year from RCPlanebuyer. They were for the shelves under the grill. I think they were about $6 each plus shipping, but they are 304 stainless steel. And they are PERFECT matches for the originals. If it wasn't for the color, you would think they came directly from Weber. I didn't even bother to paint them black to match the grill. They looks so good as is.

Speaking of Red, I'm going to pick up this elusive redhead on Thursday...

x5tD2Wn.jpg

eHfUOwh.jpg

jBBD6qd.jpg

I've been trying to find a Genny 3000 all this time and now I'll have one as I think these are becoming harder and harder to find....in my neck of the woods anyways.

Sam,
That one looks like a definite winner! Look forward to seeing what you do with it. As was mentioned, you can get stainless brackets for both the upper and lower trays. Then you can choose your wood and stain to make it look the way you want.

Back