The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: 22 with hinge - cover?

22 with hinge - cover?

I just picked up a Cajun Bandit lid hinge and have not installed it yet, but reading and also just looking it looks like the Weber cover for the 22 won't fit once I put on the hinge. What do people do to cover the smoker? Moving it is not an option and it lives outside year round
    Weber Silver B (bought in 2000) Genesis Gold C (2004 bought 2016), 22 WSM, 14.5 WSM,
    SJG Mini, 22 OTG, SJS, Rib-o-lator,, CharBroil Oiless Fryer,

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    The new style cover might fix over it. It's a lighter material and fits looser. Just a thought as I don't have the hinge.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

I need a new cover anyway, this has been outside for 4 or 5 years and is stiff and cracking
    Weber Silver B (bought in 2000) Genesis Gold C (2004 bought 2016), 22 WSM, 14.5 WSM,
    SJG Mini, 22 OTG, SJS, Rib-o-lator,, CharBroil Oiless Fryer,

I use the 26” kettle cover on my 22 WSM. The 22 cover doesn’t quite fit with the hinge when I installed mine.