Reuben Meatloaf

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I was browsing through the many great recipes posted by other members and came across this Reuben Meatloaf posted my Timothy Hoffman. Sounded delicious so I thought I’d give it a try. Like so many older postings his pictures no longer display. It’s really too bad as I would have liked to view them prior to my cook. Anyway, here’s my attempt which I sided with Crash Potatoes and grilled green beans with garlic.

Here's the link to Timothy's recipe.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?13306-Reuben-Meatloaf

Followed it pretty close. Mixed the Panada with the ground beef and pulsed in the food processor.

enhance

Mixed the sauerkraut, cheese, pastrami, sour cream and mustard.

enhance

Put the loaf together.

enhance

enhance

Got the meatloaf on the grill for around an hour and a half.

enhance

Got the sides going. In addition to the garlic, added some balsamic vinegar, honey, onion powder and s & p.

enhance

enhance

Gave the potatoes about half hour.

enhance

Should have pulled the parchment before snapping this.

enhance

Potatoes crisped up nicely.

enhance

Resting

enhance

Sliced it up.

enhance

enhance

This was a really fun cook and I’d like to say thank you to Timothy for sharing the recipe. This was really a terrific tasting meatloaf. I’m into my second week of weed and brush controls around our properties. I probably won’t be posting all that much for the next couple of months but I’ll be looking at everyone’s great looking cooks. Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze in a few and will definitely be posting on Smoke Day. Hope you all have a great week and thanks once again for looking.

That looks really nice, Cliff! Seems like you did pretty okay without Tim's original pictures as a guide. Good luck with your vegetation control!

R

That's a fattie on steroids, imho. Looks super. Good looking sides, too. Really like those beans.

X2 on brush control and property management. Will be doing similar.

Timothy Hoffman would be proud, looks amazing Cliff. Don't look now but the Giants are closing in on 500

Looks super good Cliff. Understand the weed control, here there really isn't much to do, 4 months with no rain= no weeds.

Cliff, I'm coming to dinner. That looks delicious and the sides over the tip. Good luck with clearing the weeds away. Like Rich said we don't have much since there hasn't been any rain to speak of.

Awesome Reuben Meatloaf cook Cliff, and I bet the leftover sammie's were off the hook.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Jeff.... Got your Earthtainer going this year?

Cliff I try to grow tomatoes year round in the Earthtainer ( So Cal weather permitting);)

This was my haul off my soon to be dead Big Beef Heirloom plants last week.

These were the biggest ones off the plants, and had some great flavor.

I usually grow Black Krim tomatoes, a Russian Heirloom tomato. They have the best flavor i have found.
If you see them, buy them you won't be disappointed.

Back