Second One in Two Days!

Xavier G

TVWBB Member
It's raining free Silver As in Denver!

My coworker sent me this this morning:

wqbGJLI.jpg

Did I swing by after work? YES

It seemed like things were starting to pop around here 2-3 weeks ago, then weather went to crap and I haven't seen a decent rehab candidate pop up since. But, the weather is back to normal now and I am thinking things are going to start moving this weekend.

That definitely looks like a good find.

I drove past a redhead by the side of the road on my way home this evening but had to keep on driving because I didn't have the appropriate vehicle to pick it up with. Thankfully, it was still there when I went back for it (it was in my town about 7 mins away).

It looks like a Spirit 900 (no casters, 5 FB arrangement) from the looks of it. No FBs, no grates, no igniter, no regulator. The lid is in pretty good shape though, can't go wrong with a free redhead.

No, with free, it is ALL GOOD. I have seen a lot of kettles popping the last few days, but the gassers are still elusive this season. I did miss out on a Q3200 that was FREE and it looked really nice. I am not in a big rush, I have a supply of grills and parts on hand now that would probably net me 5 or 6 complete grills.

We've been dry here in PA as well. Not that I'm actively looking, but I have not seen any "thousand" series grills even for sale for a while.
:"

Most people don't even realize what model of Grill they have. They just list them as a Weber or maybe a Weber Genesis or a Weber 3 burner or Weber 2-Burner

True. When I search on CL or FB, I just search "Weber Grill" or even just "Grill". Then I visually sort through the results. A lot of people don't even list them by Natural Gas/Propane/Charcoal. They just say "GRILL".

At the risk of spilling all my candy, I recently learned about using the 'or' operator in CL search: |

In the CL search bar, type "weber | webber | grill | bbq | propane"

...which returns a search with hits on any of those keywords.

As my old man says, "Learn the system and make the system work for YOU!"

I further limit the search to 'must include picture' and 'posted in last day' so anything that pops up I know is fresh.

Wow I didn't know this. I simply use "gas grill" but than I am not stuck on only Weber. Using this type search is what helped me find my Wolf and one of the BroilMaster grills I had

Back