Q 3200 interest

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
Hi. I have a 2016 Genesis E-330 with CI (and an inexpensive Walmart GrillSmith with CI grates to keep outdoors 24/7). Is there something about the Q 3200 that would add to my pleasure that I would not experience with the E-330? By how it grills, I refer? I'm curious about some added benefit, if any. Thx!

Last edited:
Not really. I don't think you'll find any true benefit to having it unless you enjoy having 2 grills and the el cheapo is needing to be replaced

I have a Q3200 and like it very much. Can it do something your Genesis can’t? No, not really. The things I love about the Q 3200, though, are that (1) it has a fairly low level of flare ups and grills great with its cast iron grates. (2) it has plenty of grill space- almost as much as your big Genesis- but in a compact package. (3) it is easy to keep clean (4) the cast aluminum and plastic construction is not susceptible to rust.

The Q is stingy with propane and a better choice than the Genesis if you are just cooking a couple burgers, chops or steaks.

Some people are put off by their appearance, but I think they look kind of cool in their own way.:weberq3000:

Thx. I was hoping for feedback from you two. I spoke with a guy whom has a new, never-fired unit for $135 with zero damage but regardless of how good the deal I'm going to resist the urge. Holding off will put me closer to a Santa Maria Kettle attachment :)

GET IT!!! If for no other reason than to flip it later! I just flipped a Q-320 that was in great shape and sold it for $230! With the profit you will make, you'll be a lot closer to the Santa Maria!! At this time of year, you can get prime money for a Weber grill on CL, Letgo, or Offer up.
Tim

.. flip it later!

I have three Kettles--one of which is still NIB--a Genesis E-330, an off brand gasser, three WSM's, a JJ, one barrel smoker, a Camp Chef Somerset IV (with a variety of cook tops). Your suggestion is a good one but I know me; I would not resell it. I did recently purchase a Silver A for $10 that I intend to sell or give away because I want a 3-burner rather than a 2-burner.

In my defense, I do actively use all of those except for the JJ--I have not used it in about 18 months but if my wife and I can break away and do a picnic at a park I will use it. Of course, I've yet to use the NIB unit.

Oh, and I have an electric smoker that I used in December to smoke pecans. Aside from that I haven't used it in over 1 year. But I do need it. I also have an Eastman Big Kahuna burner but I can usually use the Somerset in its place. But I need to keep the Big Kahuna in case I decide to deep fry a turkey, which I would not want to do on the Somerset. I do, however, fry fish and chicken livers on the Somerset in smaller pots.

Get that grill!!! As said, the worst you can do is try it a couple of times and if you don’t like the way it cooks, you can still flip it and make a couple of bucks. That’s a pretty good price!!

Well, I could put it on the covered front porch. That would offer a quick and easy outdoor grilling source during rainy days.

I'm too used to a two-zone setup; I think I'm going to press the reset button and erase this from my thoughts.

Thx. I was hoping for feedback from you two. I spoke with a guy whom has a new, never-fired unit for $135 with zero damage but regardless of how good the deal I'm going to resist the urge. Holding off will put me closer to a Santa Maria Kettle attachment :)

Good night! You didn't say you had this deal! BUY THE DARN THING!!!! Or I'll have to come over there and breaka U knee caps

Dear God. Okay, okay; I called him but he didn't answer. If he calls back I'll make arrangements to pick it up, lol.

Well... it has been sold elsewhere. I cannot beat myself up over that loss because I did not have a vehicle last night when I found it and would not have one until tonight. Well, I could have driven there in my sedan and paid for it but I refuse to do that. The next new one in my proximity is $290 and I won't give that a second thought.

Dangit. Y'all are confirming that I'm a fool.

Don’t feel so bad. It was a pretty outstanding deal, but if you really didn’t want it and aren’t eagerly looking for a flip opportunity then it was probably just as well.

I confess I have no idea what the Santa Maria(?) thing you referred to is:confused:? Can you educate me a little?

Back