Good Morning from Switzerland

Oliver S

My wife and I are both transplants from the US trying to get a little taste of our former home (she's from Texas, I'm from the east coast) so we decided to get a WSM. We chose the 22 over the 18 because you never know, but that thing was unexpectedly massive once I put it together. At Swiss meat prices, I'll have to take out a second mortgage to fill it up. ;)

Tonight I'm going to smoke a few pounds of pork belly from the freezer, and after that it's time for some beef ribs and a few bacon experiments!

Welcome Oliver! The 14.5" WSM is perfect for me. Bet that 22 can Q a lot of meat......

Welcome Back Home Oliver and wife!
What takes you overseas?

Thanks. :) Basically my wife and I wanted to see the world and try out living in the center of Europe for a while. 12 years later, we've got 2 kids in the local schools and an old house in a small village.

I fired it up for the first time, and judging by what I've read, I was lucky in that I had a pretty easy time of controlling the temps and shutting it down at the end with the vents to save some charcoal after I was done. It's a monster, but a beautiful monster.

Welcome Oliver. You won't regret getting the 22 when you see that it'll handle full racks of ribs with ease.

Back