Decent price for (unused) used 18”

DMozer

I have a lead on a NIB, but preowned 18” WSM. He’s asking $250 and it includes a cover. I know this is too much and I’m prepared to offer $200, but if I should get it for less I’ll offer less. What’s a reasonable price? FYI, called Weber and the warranty does NOT transfer.

It sells new for $300 and if it's truly unused and in new condition - no dings and no parts or hardware missing- then $250 isn't bad. I would offer $200 and see if that gets a further reduction in the price. I see 2 year old 18 inchers for 150 around here. Disclosure - I am not the worlds best haggler.

A good deal, is what you feel comfortable paying. How old is the WSM? I know I sold my 18" avoutb3 tread ago on Craigslist. It was 10 yrs old, and I got $240 for it!! Like Lew said if you want, see if you can get it for less. But if you're happy with $250, I wouldn't haggle too much.
Tim

Personally, $250 isn't a deal NIB and I'll explain why.

You can go to Lowe's and use a $50 off of $250 coupon, plus another 5-10% with a MyLowes card (depending on their percentage promotion). My dad's was $230 new...from Lowes.

Around here...I can get 18WSM's for around $50 used, but their resale barely spikes above $150.

Warranty transfer doesn't matter. If the grill hasn't been registered, all you have to do is register it (and you're the registered owner).

The cover comes included with the purchase of a NEW wsm. It's only additional cost when it has to be replaced.

Hey, tell them it was a gift! Register it that way. I’m either really lucky or don’t much care but, I’ve never needed to exercise my franchise of registration on any of my grills, nothing has worn out that has not been what I have felt was normal wear.

If you are not happy with the $250 lead have you been searching for any length of time, or did this just suddenly come up? Right now in my immediate area I found three WSM 18's on craigslist: $180 new, $150 NIB, $195 NIB.

Woohoo... Just scored a BNIB WSM 18 for $200!!! Not a bad week in terms of new toys for me. Picked up a leftover stainless Spirit SP-330 for a deep discount this past weekend. In order to make room, I tossed my old rust bucket Smoke Vault 24 propane smoker. The WSM 18 just happened to pop up on the radar screen, less than a half mile from my home no less, and I snatched her right up! :D

I'm going to look at a set of WSM's today. One 22" and one 18". He wants $250 for the set. They look to be in great condition.

Back